courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I purchased a "new" (to me) van -1991 Plymouth Voyager. I guess some companies got a hold of my name & address when I registered the title in my name. Anyhow, I received some mailings on purchasing a warranty - sounded like a pretty good deal to me - especially since the vehicle has 90,000 miles on it and for $133 a year they're willing to pay for the cost of many repairs to the engine. Also included is free road service if you break down - sounds good to me. What do you think?
I don't know your opinion on insurance, but I would take it. I took the extended warranty on my used Taurus and even renewed it when it expired as well as on my brand new truck.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
If you have a question for Bob send it to: . He's able to answer many of them personally and we'll include the best questions in future issues of The Dollar Stretcher.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them here.
Also In This Week's Issue
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- How to regain storage space and cut the clutter
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Free fireplace logs
- 8 kitchen remodeling projects for under $500
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 hazards your home insurance won't cover
- How to save on mortgage as rates rise
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free money-saving articles in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Surviving Tough Times.