courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I purchased a "new" (to me) van -1991 Plymouth Voyager. I guess some companies got a hold of my name & address when I registered the title in my name. Anyhow, I received some mailings on purchasing a warranty - sounded like a pretty good deal to me - especially since the vehicle has 90,000 miles on it and for $133 a year they're willing to pay for the cost of many repairs to the engine. Also included is free road service if you break down - sounds good to me. What do you think?
I don't know your opinion on insurance, but I would take it. I took the extended warranty on my used Taurus and even renewed it when it expired as well as on my brand new truck.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- Tha basics of financing a home improvement project
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- 5 steps to saving money with a lasagna garden
- Buying a lease/option home
- Affordable fences
- Fixing up furniture the frugal way
- How a "time of use" meter could reduce your electric bill
- 10 ways to set up a home office without blowing your budget
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?