courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I purchased a "new" (to me) van -1991 Plymouth Voyager. I guess some companies got a hold of my name & address when I registered the title in my name. Anyhow, I received some mailings on purchasing a warranty - sounded like a pretty good deal to me - especially since the vehicle has 90,000 miles on it and for $133 a year they're willing to pay for the cost of many repairs to the engine. Also included is free road service if you break down - sounds good to me. What do you think?
I don't know your opinion on insurance, but I would take it. I took the extended warranty on my used Taurus and even renewed it when it expired as well as on my brand new truck.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Financial benefits to living in a mobile or manufactured home
- Repurposing an entertainment center
- How to renew your home's doors
- 10 things you don't want to get caught doing in your closet
- Planning your summer garden
- The natural feeding of roses
- Removing mold from your walls
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 things to do before you buy a home
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?