What Mom Would Like for Mother's Day
Marvelous Mother's Day Gifts
Creatively Simple, Inexpensive Mother's Day Gift Ideas
Mother's Day Gift Idea: Some Time
For Mother's Day, I would like one day to myself. I'm a stay at home mom. I love my children and my husband dearly; however, I am also an introvert and need time by myself. I can dream.
I have two daughters. They are 12 and 14. Now that they are out of elementary school, I miss the presents that where made in class. I don't want money spent on me for Mother's Day. I only want something made from the heart (and a clean house). I always thought what a big hassle it was to go out to eat for Mother's Day. I think the perfect meal out would be the life size cut outs of the family members and myself seated around a table. That way, it would be nice and quiet. There would be mo fighting or disagreements and it would only be a fraction of the cost.
Melanie A. in Columbus, OH
Mother's Day Gift Idea: Some Thoughts
Here are some of my Mother's Day wishes:
- Pictures of the children with their children. We are so far away from them, so I always want pictures.
- Clothes or a gift certificate to JCPenneys, Sears, Wal-Mart, or K-Mart.
- The latest kitchen gadget. Those of us on fixed incomes don't indulge in them.
- The latest in software.
Ruth near Lake Tahoe
Mother's Day Gift Idea: Outside...or In
I would like to have patio furniture and flowering plants, but most of all, I would like the family to clean up after themselves.
An 8-Hour Vacation
For Mother's Day, I would like to spend the day with my family for eight hours and not have to do anything. As a new SAHM, I do get fatigued by a job that never ends. An eight-hour vacation from the dishes, decisions, clutter-control, and daily tasks of life would be a dream come true! No money needs to be spent, and nothing needs to be wrapped. I would just like to have a vacation day with the most important people in the world, my family!
Mother's Day Gift Idea: For My Garden
Hi! I know I would appreciate perennials for my landscaping/garden. Things such as Lupines, Iris, Daylilies, Daisies, etc. are not as expensive as a shrub would be. Or to even spend some time with me in the garden, take a walk together, just to spend some quality time together, or even an IOU to do something together.
Three possibles popped into my mind:
- I would like a lightweight, inexpensive replacement for a wheelbarrow. I've been using a plastic toboggan for a few years, but as I get older, the loads of dirt & stones are almost impossible to drag.
- A new feather pillow would be great. Somebody got sick on my last one years ago and I've been using a cushion snagged from an old wicker chair.
- A coupon towards new walking shoes, and company to help me pick them out. I have to walk a lot for my health, and walking shoes with good support aren't cheap any more. But most of all, I need motivation to tackle the mall to get them, as I don't like going.
Of course, none of us have any money, so I hope to get hugs from the kids and grandkids in town.
Take the Next Step:
- Do you struggle to get ahead financially? Then you'll want to subscribe to our free weekly Surviving Tough Times newsletter aimed at helping you 'live better...for less'. Each issue features great ways to help you stretch your dollars and make the most of your resources. Subscribers get a copy Are You Heading for Debt Trouble? A Simple Checklist And What You Can Do About It for FREE!
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!