What Mom Would Like for Mother's Day
Marvelous Mother's Day Gifts
Creatively Simple, Inexpensive Mother's Day Gift Ideas
Mother's Day Gift Idea: Some Time
For Mother's Day, I would like one day to myself. I'm a stay at home mom. I love my children and my husband dearly; however, I am also an introvert and need time by myself. I can dream.
I have two daughters. They are 12 and 14. Now that they are out of elementary school, I miss the presents that where made in class. I don't want money spent on me for Mother's Day. I only want something made from the heart (and a clean house). I always thought what a big hassle it was to go out to eat for Mother's Day. I think the perfect meal out would be the life size cut outs of the family members and myself seated around a table. That way, it would be nice and quiet. There would be mo fighting or disagreements and it would only be a fraction of the cost.
Melanie A. in Columbus, OH
Mother's Day Gift Idea: Some Thoughts
Here are some of my Mother's Day wishes:
- Pictures of the children with their children. We are so far away from them, so I always want pictures.
- Clothes or a gift certificate to JCPenneys, Sears, Wal-Mart, or K-Mart.
- The latest kitchen gadget. Those of us on fixed incomes don't indulge in them.
- The latest in software.
Ruth near Lake Tahoe
Mother's Day Gift Idea: Outside...or In
I would like to have patio furniture and flowering plants, but most of all, I would like the family to clean up after themselves.
An 8-Hour Vacation
For Mother's Day, I would like to spend the day with my family for eight hours and not have to do anything. As a new SAHM, I do get fatigued by a job that never ends. An eight-hour vacation from the dishes, decisions, clutter-control, and daily tasks of life would be a dream come true! No money needs to be spent, and nothing needs to be wrapped. I would just like to have a vacation day with the most important people in the world, my family!
Mother's Day Gift Idea: For My Garden
Hi! I know I would appreciate perennials for my landscaping/garden. Things such as Lupines, Iris, Daylilies, Daisies, etc. are not as expensive as a shrub would be. Or to even spend some time with me in the garden, take a walk together, just to spend some quality time together, or even an IOU to do something together.
Three possibles popped into my mind:
- I would like a lightweight, inexpensive replacement for a wheelbarrow. I've been using a plastic toboggan for a few years, but as I get older, the loads of dirt & stones are almost impossible to drag.
- A new feather pillow would be great. Somebody got sick on my last one years ago and I've been using a cushion snagged from an old wicker chair.
- A coupon towards new walking shoes, and company to help me pick them out. I have to walk a lot for my health, and walking shoes with good support aren't cheap any more. But most of all, I need motivation to tackle the mall to get them, as I don't like going.
Of course, none of us have any money, so I hope to get hugs from the kids and grandkids in town.
Take the Next Step:
Trending on TDS
- Are you guilty of financial infidelity?
- Natural flea prevention
- Making a home office affordable
- Meaningful family traditions
- Planning a frugal themepark vacation
- Let your kids teach you to save money
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- March bargains in supermarket and beyond
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids Video
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in March
- 5 types of freebies you can snag today
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator