Water Closet Wiggles and Wails
by Sherm Turner
My toilet supply water line is vibrating and oscillating when it is refilling the tank, after a flush? When I reduce the rate of flow to very slow. (then it will stop) It also makes a loud noise? Any ideas?
Yes, your water supply valve may need servicing and/or replacement. This happens most times to older valves. Also have the plumber check-out and service your toilet fill valve, inside the tank. Most times you may need a new toilet tank fill valve.
Dear Mr. Plumber,
Our toilet shakes, rattles, and rolls? Why is this? Then a leak developed and there is no flange under the toilet. Is this flange required under the toilet? If so, why?
Rock n Roll
Dear Rock n Roll
Yes, a closet flange is required and installed will secure the toilet to the floor and stop your piping from leaking. This will also stop the shake, rattle, and roll.
Sherm Turner is a Master Plumber with over 30 years experience. "Ask the Master Plumber" is his way of encouraging people to help the disabled, elderly, handicapped and children. If you have a question for Sherm, email it to him at: email@example.com.
Also in Home
- 7 ways to save on carpet cleaning
- DIY pool maintenance
- How to use the home loan comparison calculator
- Saving money with home maintenance Video
- Easy oven cleaning without harsh chemicals
- Get rid of roaches safely
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- How spring cleaning can save you money
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?