Water Closet Wiggles and Wails
by Sherm Turner
My toilet supply water line is vibrating and oscillating when it is refilling the tank, after a flush? When I reduce the rate of flow to very slow. (then it will stop) It also makes a loud noise? Any ideas?
Yes, your water supply valve may need servicing and/or replacement. This happens most times to older valves. Also have the plumber check-out and service your toilet fill valve, inside the tank. Most times you may need a new toilet tank fill valve.
Dear Mr. Plumber,
Our toilet shakes, rattles, and rolls? Why is this? Then a leak developed and there is no flange under the toilet. Is this flange required under the toilet? If so, why?
Rock n Roll
Dear Rock n Roll
Yes, a closet flange is required and installed will secure the toilet to the floor and stop your piping from leaking. This will also stop the shake, rattle, and roll.
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
Sherm Turner is a Master Plumber with over 30 years experience.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?