Water Closet Wiggles and Wails
by Sherm Turner
My toilet supply water line is vibrating and oscillating when it is refilling the tank, after a flush? When I reduce the rate of flow to very slow. (then it will stop) It also makes a loud noise? Any ideas?
Yes, your water supply valve may need servicing and/or replacement. This happens most times to older valves. Also have the plumber check-out and service your toilet fill valve, inside the tank. Most times you may need a new toilet tank fill valve.
Dear Mr. Plumber,
Our toilet shakes, rattles, and rolls? Why is this? Then a leak developed and there is no flange under the toilet. Is this flange required under the toilet? If so, why?
Rock n Roll
Dear Rock n Roll
Yes, a closet flange is required and installed will secure the toilet to the floor and stop your piping from leaking. This will also stop the shake, rattle, and roll.
Sherm Turner is a Master Plumber with over 30 years experience. "Ask the Master Plumber" is his way of encouraging people to help the disabled, elderly, handicapped and children. If you have a question for Sherm, email it to him at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also in Home
- Safe and natural hardwood floor cleaner
- Sectional sofas in small spaces
- Cleaning tile floors
- Could a home security system be right for you?
- Make your own Christmas topiaries
- Natural home clean up
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 ways to organize your home in the new year
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?