Water Closet Wiggles and Wails
by Sherm Turner
My toilet supply water line is vibrating and oscillating when it is refilling the tank, after a flush? When I reduce the rate of flow to very slow. (then it will stop) It also makes a loud noise? Any ideas?
Yes, your water supply valve may need servicing and/or replacement. This happens most times to older valves. Also have the plumber check-out and service your toilet fill valve, inside the tank. Most times you may need a new toilet tank fill valve.
Dear Mr. Plumber,
Our toilet shakes, rattles, and rolls? Why is this? Then a leak developed and there is no flange under the toilet. Is this flange required under the toilet? If so, why?
Rock n Roll
Dear Rock n Roll
Yes, a closet flange is required and installed will secure the toilet to the floor and stop your piping from leaking. This will also stop the shake, rattle, and roll.
Sherm Turner is a Master Plumber with over 30 years experience. "Ask the Master Plumber" is his way of encouraging people to help the disabled, elderly, handicapped and children. If you have a question for Sherm, email it to him at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 15 mistakes to avoid when selling your home
- 9 ways to buy furniture for less
- Need a bigger home? How to maximize the space you already have
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?