Braking Buick Bounces
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a 1988 Buick Park Avenue with 137,000 miles on it. I have noticed lately that when I apply the brakes at 35 mph or more, the car vibrates until the speed gets below 25 mph. I had new pads and shoes applied about 1 year ago. I also notice a vibration when I am accelerating and go above 50 mph. Any idea on the problem?
Warped rotors. When you installed the pads, did you have the rotors cut or resurfaced? Probably not, or the pads are just worn out again.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Buying carpet for less
- Inexpensive backyard play areas
- Eliminating bed bugs
- Managing home projects
- Furnishing your first apartment
- 7 low-cost ways to beat the heat
- Happy homemaking the homemade way
- DIY furniture remakes
- Inexpensive ways to change color of laminate countertops
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 5 home renovation can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?