Braking Buick Bounces
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a 1988 Buick Park Avenue with 137,000 miles on it. I have noticed lately that when I apply the brakes at 35 mph or more, the car vibrates until the speed gets below 25 mph. I had new pads and shoes applied about 1 year ago. I also notice a vibration when I am accelerating and go above 50 mph. Any idea on the problem?
Warped rotors. When you installed the pads, did you have the rotors cut or resurfaced? Probably not, or the pads are just worn out again.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Cleaning the things that clean
- Painting a basement floor
- Make your own laundry detergent
- Inexpensive backyard play areas
- Buying a new furnace
- Recycling 'gray' water
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- How spring cleaning can save you money
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?