Braking Buick Bounces
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a 1988 Buick Park Avenue with 137,000 miles on it. I have noticed lately that when I apply the brakes at 35 mph or more, the car vibrates until the speed gets below 25 mph. I had new pads and shoes applied about 1 year ago. I also notice a vibration when I am accelerating and go above 50 mph. Any idea on the problem?
Warped rotors. When you installed the pads, did you have the rotors cut or resurfaced? Probably not, or the pads are just worn out again.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Sell my house? Or buy a new one first?
- DIY wall décor
- Home upgrades - Smart projects vs. costly mistakes Video
- Putting your lawn mower to bed for the winter
- Give your bathroom an inexpensive makeover
- First-time home buyer's how-to
- Combating carpenter ants
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- How to keep your mortgage data safe from hackers
- 5 home renovations that can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- Flood insurance too high? You may have options
- Should I refinance my home equity line?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?