CopyKat Recipes: Picnic Basket Time
by Stephanie Manley
I don't know about many of you, but it is becoming spring where I am, here a few of my favorite picnic basket recipes. I hope that you enjoy them !!!!
KF_ Fried Chicken
- 1 Broiler fryer - cut up
- 3 C. Water
- 1 Tbsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. MSG
- 2 tsp. Fines Herbs (Find in some spice sections. If you don't have them, omit this.)
- 2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 2 pkg. Instant Chicken Broth
- 2 tsp. Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 C. Flour
- 1 C. Chicken Broth
Cover chicken with mixture of water and salt. Chill in bowl for least 1 hour. Combine herbs, onion powder, seasoned salt, instant chicken broth, and pepper in a blender and mix well. Combine flour and the chicken broth, and then mix with the spice mixture you just created in the blender. Melt enough shortening or salad oil to make 1 inch depth in a large skillet. Heat to 375 degrees. Fry chicken pieces turning once, every 5 minutes, be sure to cook chicken until done. Lift chicken out and drain on paper towels. You can keep the chicken warm in the oven by placing it in the oven, and serve when all pieces are finished cooking.
Better Than KF_ Cole Slaw
- 1-2 heads of cabbage
- 1 green pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 medium to large carrot
- 2 cups of Miracle Whip Light
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
If you are lucky enough to have a food processor; cut up cabbage. While cutting up cabbage, cut small slices of green pepper and onion , or carrot and add to processor. This will help distribute flavor throughout slaw. You should only use 1/4 to 1/2 of the onion and green pepper but use all of the carrot. If you truly love green pepper or onion you can add all, but I do not recommend it. Now mix Miracle whip, vinegar, oil, Sugar. Mix smooth. Taste should be sweet with just a hint of vinegar. Amount of slaw dressing may be increased or decreased according to the amount of slaw you are making. Add to cut up cabbage and mix well. Let stand 1-hour if possible to let flavors mix.
Cracker ____ Biscuits
- 2 1/4 C. Bisquick Mix
- 2/3 C. Buttermilk
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Butter, melted
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mix first three ingredients together, add 1 Tbsp. of the melted butter into batter. Stir ingredients until soft dough forms. Turn onto surface that has been dusted with flour. Knead 20 times, roll 1/2 inch thick, and place in an ungreased 8 by 8 cakepan. Place biscuits next to each other, when the you have placed all of them in there flatten slightly. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
To make like Pop___ Biscuits, or KF_ Biscuits prepare the same way, but brush melted butter when they are placed in the oven, and when you take the biscuits out of the oven.
With CopyKat recipes you can have your favorite restaurant meals without all the expense (not to mention impressing your guests!). Visit the CopyKat website www.copykat.com for a wealth of wonderful recipes. You'll be cooking like the Colonel in no time!
Trending on TDS
- Legitimate work-at-home job opportunities in the education arena
- Natural congestion remedies
- Why reuseable snack bags make sense Giveaway
- Family Halloween costumes
- A teen clothing allowance
- Halloween on a dime
- Beating the high cost of bedwetting
- 6 things to consider before taking on the care of elderly parents
- 6 ways to get free movies and discounts
- October deals at the supermarket and beyond
- Why women are dropping out of the workforce
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator