Caprice Smells Like Antifreeze
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Hope you can help me with this one. My air conditioner in my 1994 Chevrolet Caprice Classic works fine, but it sends out a strong smell of antifreeze. I checked under the hood and don't see any leaks from the cooling system (doesn't mean there aren't any), and I made sure the reservoir was full. It was down a bit, not too much. Also the car doesn't overheat at all. My only clue so far is the smell. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Al G in Ty Ty, Georgia
Sounds to me like the heater core has gone or is going south on you. This is the only place that you will find antifreeze in the interior of the car.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
If you have a question for Bob send it to: . He's able to answer many of them personally and we'll include the best questions in future issues of The Dollar Stretcher.
Also In This Week's Issue
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- How to regain storage space and cut the clutter
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Free fireplace logs
- 8 kitchen remodeling projects for under $500
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 hazards your home insurance won't cover
- How to save on mortgage as rates rise
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free money-saving articles in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Surviving Tough Times.