Caprice Smells Like Antifreeze
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Hope you can help me with this one. My air conditioner in my 1994 Chevrolet Caprice Classic works fine, but it sends out a strong smell of antifreeze. I checked under the hood and don't see any leaks from the cooling system (doesn't mean there aren't any), and I made sure the reservoir was full. It was down a bit, not too much. Also the car doesn't overheat at all. My only clue so far is the smell. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Al G in Ty Ty, Georgia
Sounds to me like the heater core has gone or is going south on you. This is the only place that you will find antifreeze in the interior of the car.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
If you have a question for Bob send it to: . He's able to answer many of them personally and we'll include the best questions in future issues of The Dollar Stretcher.
Also in Home
- DIY backyard waterfall
- Painting a basement floor
- Make your own laundry detergent
- Do-it-yourself home remodeling on the cheap
- Simple steps to lower your water and sewer bills
- Decorating with yard sale finds
- Managing your mortgage
- The cheapskate's guide to flooring
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 6 energy-saving projects for your home
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- How much equity can you cash out of your home?
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?