Warm Honda Won't Start
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
My husband has an '88 Honda CRX Si. He bought it new and it has given him very little trouble over the years. Last year it started acting up. Sometimes, if he tries to start it after only a few minutes after turning the engine off or if the engine is warmed by the sun (he says) it won't start. It will turn over but that's all. Then if he waits 10 - 15 minutes it will start again and run fine. He took it to Honda but they can't find the problem. What do you think? I hate him being stuck all over the place with this car!
Sounds like you might have some bad or leaky fuel injectors. Have an injector service done. This is not a bad thing to de every 30,000 miles anyway and see what happens.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- DIY backyard waterfall
- Painting a basement floor
- Make your own laundry detergent
- Do-it-yourself home remodeling on the cheap
- Simple steps to lower your water and sewer bills
- Decorating with yard sale finds
- Managing your mortgage
- The cheapskate's guide to flooring
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 6 energy-saving projects for your home
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- How much equity can you cash out of your home?
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?