Warm Honda Won't Start
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
My husband has an '88 Honda CRX Si. He bought it new and it has given him very little trouble over the years. Last year it started acting up. Sometimes, if he tries to start it after only a few minutes after turning the engine off or if the engine is warmed by the sun (he says) it won't start. It will turn over but that's all. Then if he waits 10 - 15 minutes it will start again and run fine. He took it to Honda but they can't find the problem. What do you think? I hate him being stuck all over the place with this car!
Sounds like you might have some bad or leaky fuel injectors. Have an injector service done. This is not a bad thing to de every 30,000 miles anyway and see what happens.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Financial benefits to living in a mobile or manufactured home
- Repurposing an entertainment center
- How to renew your home's doors
- 10 things you don't want to get caught doing in your closet
- Planning your summer garden
- The natural feeding of roses
- Removing mold from your walls
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 things to do before you buy a home
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?