Warm Honda Won't Start
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
My husband has an '88 Honda CRX Si. He bought it new and it has given him very little trouble over the years. Last year it started acting up. Sometimes, if he tries to start it after only a few minutes after turning the engine off or if the engine is warmed by the sun (he says) it won't start. It will turn over but that's all. Then if he waits 10 - 15 minutes it will start again and run fine. He took it to Honda but they can't find the problem. What do you think? I hate him being stuck all over the place with this car!
Sounds like you might have some bad or leaky fuel injectors. Have an injector service done. This is not a bad thing to de every 30,000 miles anyway and see what happens.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 15 mistakes to avoid when selling your home
- 9 ways to buy furniture for less
- Need a bigger home? How to maximize the space you already have
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?