by Sherm Turner
When we turn on the water to the toilet and sink, it makes a vibrating sound with a high pitch? Why? Friends say there is air in our water lines. This vibrating sound just started. Please advise.
Dear Wearing Earplugs
The valves for turning the water off and on should be serviced with new washers. The toilet tank fill valve should also be serviced or replaced. We recommend that you call in a good plumber to avoid unnecessary costs.
Sherm Turner is a Master Plumber with over 30 years experience. "Ask the Master Plumber" is his way of encouraging people to help the disabled, elderly, handicapped and children. If you have a question for Sherm, email it to him at: email@example.com.
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- 8 ways homebuyers annoy sellers
- Why pay extra toward mortgage principal?
- Avoid mortgage closing costs on a refinance?
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?