by Sherm Turner
When we turn on the water to the toilet and sink, it makes a vibrating sound with a high pitch? Why? Friends say there is air in our water lines. This vibrating sound just started. Please advise.
Dear Wearing Earplugs
The valves for turning the water off and on should be serviced with new washers. The toilet tank fill valve should also be serviced or replaced. We recommend that you call in a good plumber to avoid unnecessary costs.
Sherm Turner is a Master Plumber with over 30 years experience. "Ask the Master Plumber" is his way of encouraging people to help the disabled, elderly, handicapped and children. If you have a question for Sherm, email it to him at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also In This Week's Issue
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- How to regain storage space and cut the clutter
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Free fireplace logs
- 8 kitchen remodeling projects for under $500
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 hazards your home insurance won't cover
- How to save on mortgage as rates rise
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free money-saving articles in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Surviving Tough Times.