by Sherm Turner
When we turn on the water to the toilet and sink, it makes a vibrating sound with a high pitch? Why? Friends say there is air in our water lines. This vibrating sound just started. Please advise.
Dear Wearing Earplugs
The valves for turning the water off and on should be serviced with new washers. The toilet tank fill valve should also be serviced or replaced. We recommend that you call in a good plumber to avoid unnecessary costs.
Sherm Turner is a Master Plumber with over 30 years experience. "Ask the Master Plumber" is his way of encouraging people to help the disabled, elderly, handicapped and children. If you have a question for Sherm, email it to him at: email@example.com.
Also in Home
- DIY backyard waterfall
- Painting a basement floor
- Make your own laundry detergent
- Do-it-yourself home remodeling on the cheap
- Simple steps to lower your water and sewer bills
- Decorating with yard sale finds
- Managing your mortgage
- The cheapskate's guide to flooring
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 6 energy-saving projects for your home
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- How much equity can you cash out of your home?
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?