Electronic Rust Preventers
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I just bought an '86 Nissan with a little bit of rust. I would love to make this car last and was wondering about these electronic rust preventers/stoppers. My dad bought a new truck and that was all they put on it to keep it from rusting (no undercoating) and they make claims that it should keep a used car from rusting further. Is it worth the $150 or so?
Greg A. of Caro, Michigan
I have heard of these things for a while, but I never knew anyone that actually used one. I always wondered if they really did work. It has some physical merit. From what I can remember about my chemistry, it sounds viable. If any of our readers have one, or know of someone who does, then please let us know. Also, if someone has a reason why it does NOT work, then let me know as well.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
If you have a question for Bob send it to: . He's able to answer many of them personally and we'll include the best questions in future issues of The Dollar Stretcher.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them here.
Also In This Week's Issue
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- How to regain storage space and cut the clutter
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Free fireplace logs
- 8 kitchen remodeling projects for under $500
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 hazards your home insurance won't cover
- How to save on mortgage as rates rise
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free money-saving articles in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Surviving Tough Times.