Electronic Rust Preventers
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I just bought an '86 Nissan with a little bit of rust. I would love to make this car last and was wondering about these electronic rust preventers/stoppers. My dad bought a new truck and that was all they put on it to keep it from rusting (no undercoating) and they make claims that it should keep a used car from rusting further. Is it worth the $150 or so?
Greg A. of Caro, Michigan
I have heard of these things for a while, but I never knew anyone that actually used one. I always wondered if they really did work. It has some physical merit. From what I can remember about my chemistry, it sounds viable. If any of our readers have one, or know of someone who does, then please let us know. Also, if someone has a reason why it does NOT work, then let me know as well.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- 5 reasons to consider living in a tiny house
- Homemade cleanser recipes
- Free fireplace logs
- Updating vinyl blinds for less
- When you can't afford housing repairs
- Winterizing your apartment
- Preventing an annual visit from the rooter guy
- Fall care for your fruit trees
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 5 home renovations that can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- APR and mortgage rate: What you need to know
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?