Electronic Rust Preventers
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I just bought an '86 Nissan with a little bit of rust. I would love to make this car last and was wondering about these electronic rust preventers/stoppers. My dad bought a new truck and that was all they put on it to keep it from rusting (no undercoating) and they make claims that it should keep a used car from rusting further. Is it worth the $150 or so?
Greg A. of Caro, Michigan
I have heard of these things for a while, but I never knew anyone that actually used one. I always wondered if they really did work. It has some physical merit. From what I can remember about my chemistry, it sounds viable. If any of our readers have one, or know of someone who does, then please let us know. Also, if someone has a reason why it does NOT work, then let me know as well.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Buying carpet for less
- Inexpensive backyard play areas
- Eliminating bed bugs
- Managing home projects
- Furnishing your first apartment
- 7 low-cost ways to beat the heat
- Happy homemaking the homemade way
- DIY furniture remakes
- Inexpensive ways to change color of laminate countertops
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 5 home renovation can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?