Frugal Fitness: Eat Enough to Lose Weight
by Greg Landry, M.S. Exercise Physiologist
Never eat less than 1200 calories per day and never skip breakfast! Either of these will decrease your metabolic rate and cause you to burn fewer calories per day. Eating fewer than 1200 calories per day is not enough to support your basal metabolism and skipping breakfast allows your body to go without food for 12 to 18 hours (dinner until lunch the next day). Your body thinks it's "starving" and slows your metabolism as a protective mechanism.
Check out Author and exercise physiologist, Greg Landry, M.S., website at www.Landry.com.
Trending on TDS
- Mix up your own energy drinks
- How to care for suede boots
- The cost of procrastination
- Legitimate work-at-home job opportunities in the education arena
- Selling Mary Kay: A good income source?
- Getting rid of acne
- How to quit your day job for your dream job
- 6 ways to get free movies and discounts
- Top 10 best (and real) work-at-home jobs and careers
- A cheat sheet on tipping do's and don'ts
- 6 reasons why it's dumb to buy a smartphone
- How to live a life of luxury without going broke