Frugal Fitness: Eat Enough to Lose Weight
by Greg Landry, M.S. Exercise Physiologist
Never eat less than 1200 calories per day and never skip breakfast! Either of these will decrease your metabolic rate and cause you to burn fewer calories per day. Eating fewer than 1200 calories per day is not enough to support your basal metabolism and skipping breakfast allows your body to go without food for 12 to 18 hours (dinner until lunch the next day). Your body thinks it's "starving" and slows your metabolism as a protective mechanism.
Check out Author and exercise physiologist, Greg Landry, M.S., website at www.Landry.com.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- Where to find the best deals in February
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 6 tips for a fabulously free vacation
- Secrets to living luxuriously for less
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- 4 secrets to being a frugal foodie
- 10 time savers for recapturing lost hours
- Why I won't buy roses on Valentine's Day
- Start planning your beach vacation now