Frugal Fitness: Eat Enough to Lose Weight
by Greg Landry, M.S. Exercise Physiologist
Never eat less than 1200 calories per day and never skip breakfast! Either of these will decrease your metabolic rate and cause you to burn fewer calories per day. Eating fewer than 1200 calories per day is not enough to support your basal metabolism and skipping breakfast allows your body to go without food for 12 to 18 hours (dinner until lunch the next day). Your body thinks it's "starving" and slows your metabolism as a protective mechanism.
Check out Author and exercise physiologist, Greg Landry, M.S., website at www.Landry.com.
Trending on TDS
- What's it like selling Avon products?
- New ways to sell your stuff online
- 13 ways to have a dreamy wedding for less
- Natural dry hair solutions
- How to find hidden treasure at garage sales
- The young professional woman: The high cost of getting ready for work
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in May
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 5 reasons to skip an all-inclusive vacation
- Secrets to living luxuriously for less
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- Gain more by spending less