Frugal Fitness: Eat Enough to Lose Weight
by Greg Landry, M.S. Exercise Physiologist
Never eat less than 1200 calories per day and never skip breakfast! Either of these will decrease your metabolic rate and cause you to burn fewer calories per day. Eating fewer than 1200 calories per day is not enough to support your basal metabolism and skipping breakfast allows your body to go without food for 12 to 18 hours (dinner until lunch the next day). Your body thinks it's "starving" and slows your metabolism as a protective mechanism.
Check out Author and exercise physiologist, Greg Landry, M.S., website at www.Landry.com.
Trending on TDS
- 'Foodie' birthday party ideas
- 8 ways to beat retail therapy
- 6 steps to a romantic fall picnic
- Keeping family and friends entertained at holiday gatherings
- Homemade bubble bath gifts
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- 6 ways to get free movies and discounts
- Top 10 best (and real) work-at-home jobs and careers
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- November deals at the supermarket and beyond
- How to live a life of luxury without going broke