Frugal Fitness: Eat Enough to Lose Weight
by Greg Landry, M.S. Exercise Physiologist
Never eat less than 1200 calories per day and never skip breakfast! Either of these will decrease your metabolic rate and cause you to burn fewer calories per day. Eating fewer than 1200 calories per day is not enough to support your basal metabolism and skipping breakfast allows your body to go without food for 12 to 18 hours (dinner until lunch the next day). Your body thinks it's "starving" and slows your metabolism as a protective mechanism.
Check out Author and exercise physiologist, Greg Landry, M.S., website at www.Landry.com.
Also in Lifestyle
- 7 US cities with plenty of free vacation attractions
- 10 ways to lose a job before you get it
- 7 easy steps to shedding clothing you'll never wear
- 13 ways to score a big raise
- Top 10 best (and real) work-at-home jobs and careers
- 7 costly travel mistakes to avoid
- How to live a life of luxury without going broke