Frugal Fitness: Water, Health and Weight Loss
by Greg Landry, M.S. Exercise Physiologist
We often tend to overlook the simple solutions in life. Drinking lots of water to enhance our health, and help with fitness and weight loss falls into that category. Unfortunately, many of the health problems associated with inadequate water consumption do not manifest until years or even decades later! Water is necessary for every- thing our body does. I like to think of it as liquid health...it's the HEALTHIEST thing you can consume!
Remember, you don't just need water when you feel thirsty. In fact, thirst is one of the signals that your body is dangerously low on water. You should rarely allow yourself to become thirsty. Drink 60+ ounces of water daily, plus an additional 10 ounces for every 25 pounds overweight.
Try this to help with your water consumption; get a large plastic water bottle that you can drink from. Fill it with water and put it in the freezer overnight. Take it with you the next day...you can drink cold water all day as it melts. Start drinkin'!
Check out Author and exercise physiologist, Greg Landry, M.S., website at www.Landry.com.
Trending on TDS
- 6 ways a pet could save you money
- Maximizing credit and gift cards for holiday shopping
- Turning your hobby into extra income
- Gift basket ideas
- Frugal holiday decorating ideas
- Positioning yourself for career advancement
- 5 tips for a budget-friendly vacation
- 6 ways to get free movies and discounts
- Top 10 best (and real) work-at-home jobs and careers
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- How major airlines compare on fees, perks
- Cut cable-TV costs with internet TV