Frugal Fitness: Water, Health and Weight Loss
by Greg Landry, M.S. Exercise Physiologist
We often tend to overlook the simple solutions in life. Drinking lots of water to enhance our health, and help with fitness and weight loss falls into that category. Unfortunately, many of the health problems associated with inadequate water consumption do not manifest until years or even decades later! Water is necessary for every- thing our body does. I like to think of it as liquid health...it's the HEALTHIEST thing you can consume!
Remember, you don't just need water when you feel thirsty. In fact, thirst is one of the signals that your body is dangerously low on water. You should rarely allow yourself to become thirsty. Drink 60+ ounces of water daily, plus an additional 10 ounces for every 25 pounds overweight.
Try this to help with your water consumption; get a large plastic water bottle that you can drink from. Fill it with water and put it in the freezer overnight. Take it with you the next day...you can drink cold water all day as it melts. Start drinkin'!
Check out Author and exercise physiologist, Greg Landry, M.S., website at www.Landry.com.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- Where to find the best deals in February
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 6 tips for a fabulously free vacation
- Secrets to living luxuriously for less
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- 4 secrets to being a frugal foodie
- 10 time savers for recapturing lost hours
- Why I won't buy roses on Valentine's Day
- Start planning your beach vacation now