Taurus Wagon Gas Fumes
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have an '89 Taurus wagon. Every now and again lately, I smell gas fumes when I slow down. This seems to happen when I'm running the air conditioning. Any clue what might cause this?
Gas like gasoline or fumes like exhaust fumes? There is a difference in what the trouble might be. If it's gasoline, then I would have the fuel system, especially around the injectors, checked for leaks. If it's exhaust fumes, switch to maximum A/C mode and get out of traffic!
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
If you have a question for Bob send it to: . He's able to answer many of them personally and we'll include the best questions in future issues of The Dollar Stretcher.
Also in Home
- Combining loans before a mortgage application
- Affordable fences
- Fixing up furniture the frugal way
- Top ways to save big oin furniture
- Winning the war against invading ants
- Restoring brass fixtures
- How to keep neighbor dogs from using your yard as an outhouse
- How to revive old yard tools
- Cleaning a greasy driveway
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 5 home renovation can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?