Taurus Wagon Gas Fumes
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have an '89 Taurus wagon. Every now and again lately, I smell gas fumes when I slow down. This seems to happen when I'm running the air conditioning. Any clue what might cause this?
Gas like gasoline or fumes like exhaust fumes? There is a difference in what the trouble might be. If it's gasoline, then I would have the fuel system, especially around the injectors, checked for leaks. If it's exhaust fumes, switch to maximum A/C mode and get out of traffic!
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
If you have a question for Bob send it to: . He's able to answer many of them personally and we'll include the best questions in future issues of The Dollar Stretcher.
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Will my insurance spike if I rent out my basement?
- Why pay extra toward mortgage principal?
- 5 tips to sell a home before buying another
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?