Taurus Wagon Gas Fumes
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have an '89 Taurus wagon. Every now and again lately, I smell gas fumes when I slow down. This seems to happen when I'm running the air conditioning. Any clue what might cause this?
Gas like gasoline or fumes like exhaust fumes? There is a difference in what the trouble might be. If it's gasoline, then I would have the fuel system, especially around the injectors, checked for leaks. If it's exhaust fumes, switch to maximum A/C mode and get out of traffic!
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- Tha basics of financing a home improvement project
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Preventive maintenance for a wooden fence
- How to clean a gas BBQ grill
- Affordable fire pits
- How to insulate your attic for winter
- Save time and money on winter storage
- Saving on your heating bill
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?