About Gardening: Natural Rose Protection?
by Mira Dessy
Read your 5/11 Natural Bug Repellent. I've got roses with black spot & rust. A friend said to try 1 tablespoon of baking soda, 1 of salad oil & 1 of white vinegar mixed with 1 gallon of water & spray on the leaves ... ever heard of this and does it really work? I've used the lawn solution of soap, coke and ammonia & that seems to keep the lawn green! Thanks.
I have not heard of using this particular mixture. Somehow I don't see salad oil as being good for plants, especially roses. Any rose gardeners out there with experience with a black spot and/or rust repellent?
Take the Next Step:
Also in Home
- Ways to reuse an entertainment center
- The cost of using your clothes dryer
- Hay bale gardens
- Priortizing home repair projects
- Great ideas for decorating your entry on a dime
- Easy, inexpensive ways to grow from seed
- 10 ways to save money on your utility bill
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?