About Gardening: Natural Rose Protection?
by Mira Dessy
Read your 5/11 Natural Bug Repellent. I've got roses with black spot & rust. A friend said to try 1 tablespoon of baking soda, 1 of salad oil & 1 of white vinegar mixed with 1 gallon of water & spray on the leaves ... ever heard of this and does it really work? I've used the lawn solution of soap, coke and ammonia & that seems to keep the lawn green! Thanks.
I have not heard of using this particular mixture. Somehow I don't see salad oil as being good for plants, especially roses. Any rose gardeners out there with experience with a black spot and/or rust repellent?
Take the Next Step:
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 15 mistakes to avoid when selling your home
- 9 ways to buy furniture for less
- Need a bigger home? How to maximize the space you already have
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?