About Gardening: Natural Rose Protection?
by Mira Dessy
Read your 5/11 Natural Bug Repellent. I've got roses with black spot & rust. A friend said to try 1 tablespoon of baking soda, 1 of salad oil & 1 of white vinegar mixed with 1 gallon of water & spray on the leaves ... ever heard of this and does it really work? I've used the lawn solution of soap, coke and ammonia & that seems to keep the lawn green! Thanks.
I have not heard of using this particular mixture. Somehow I don't see salad oil as being good for plants, especially roses. Any rose gardeners out there with experience with a black spot and/or rust repellent?
Take the Next Step:
Also in Home
- DIY backyard waterfall
- Painting a basement floor
- Make your own laundry detergent
- Do-it-yourself home remodeling on the cheap
- Simple steps to lower your water and sewer bills
- Decorating with yard sale finds
- Managing your mortgage
- The cheapskate's guide to flooring
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 6 energy-saving projects for your home
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- How much equity can you cash out of your home?
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?