Becoming a Plumber
by Sherm Turner
My Boyfriend Needs Job!! He wants to be a plumber but does not know what to do. Where can he apply? How do you get an apprenticeship? What is the pay? How much money can my boyfriend make?
Tell your boyfriend to apply for an apprenticeship with the Local Plumbers Union in your area. The pay for union apprentices may start at approximately $22.00 per hr. including fringe benefits. Every 6 months there is a pay increase of approximately $2.00 for a period of about 5 years. He'll end up making approximately $44.00 per hr. including fringe benefits.
Sherm Turner is a Master Plumber with over 30 years experience. "Ask the Master Plumber" is his way of encouraging people to help the disabled, elderly, handicapped and children. If you have a question for Sherm, email it to him at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also in Home
- DIY backyard waterfall
- Painting a basement floor
- Make your own laundry detergent
- Do-it-yourself home remodeling on the cheap
- Simple steps to lower your water and sewer bills
- Decorating with yard sale finds
- Managing your mortgage
- The cheapskate's guide to flooring
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 6 energy-saving projects for your home
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- How much equity can you cash out of your home?
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?