Becoming a Plumber
by Sherm Turner
My Boyfriend Needs Job!! He wants to be a plumber but does not know what to do. Where can he apply? How do you get an apprenticeship? What is the pay? How much money can my boyfriend make?
Tell your boyfriend to apply for an apprenticeship with the Local Plumbers Union in your area. The pay for union apprentices may start at approximately $22.00 per hr. including fringe benefits. Every 6 months there is a pay increase of approximately $2.00 for a period of about 5 years. He'll end up making approximately $44.00 per hr. including fringe benefits.
Sherm Turner is a Master Plumber with over 30 years experience. "Ask the Master Plumber" is his way of encouraging people to help the disabled, elderly, handicapped and children. If you have a question for Sherm, email it to him at: email@example.com.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 4 ways to pay off your mortgage earlier
- What tools do you need to start a food garden?
- DIY repair of ripped window and door screens
- Homemade cleaner for jetted tubs, shower heads & sprayers
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Should I refinance my mortgage?
- Compare HELOC rates
- Check for a lower homeowners insurance rate
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?