Becoming a Plumber
by Sherm Turner
My Boyfriend Needs Job!! He wants to be a plumber but does not know what to do. Where can he apply? How do you get an apprenticeship? What is the pay? How much money can my boyfriend make?
Tell your boyfriend to apply for an apprenticeship with the Local Plumbers Union in your area. The pay for union apprentices may start at approximately $22.00 per hr. including fringe benefits. Every 6 months there is a pay increase of approximately $2.00 for a period of about 5 years. He'll end up making approximately $44.00 per hr. including fringe benefits.
Sherm Turner is a Master Plumber with over 30 years experience. "Ask the Master Plumber" is his way of encouraging people to help the disabled, elderly, handicapped and children. If you have a question for Sherm, email it to him at: email@example.com.
Also in Home
- Sell my house? Or buy a new one first?
- DIY wall décor
- Home upgrades - Smart projects vs. costly mistakes Video
- Putting your lawn mower to bed for the winter
- Give your bathroom an inexpensive makeover
- First-time home buyer's how-to
- Combating carpenter ants
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- How to keep your mortgage data safe from hackers
- 5 home renovations that can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- Flood insurance too high? You may have options
- Should I refinance my home equity line?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?