Becoming a Plumber
by Sherm Turner
My Boyfriend Needs Job!! He wants to be a plumber but does not know what to do. Where can he apply? How do you get an apprenticeship? What is the pay? How much money can my boyfriend make?
Tell your boyfriend to apply for an apprenticeship with the Local Plumbers Union in your area. The pay for union apprentices may start at approximately $22.00 per hr. including fringe benefits. Every 6 months there is a pay increase of approximately $2.00 for a period of about 5 years. He'll end up making approximately $44.00 per hr. including fringe benefits.
Sherm Turner is a Master Plumber with over 30 years experience. "Ask the Master Plumber" is his way of encouraging people to help the disabled, elderly, handicapped and children. If you have a question for Sherm, email it to him at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also in Home
- Tricks to painting interior trim
- Affordable chimney care
- Do-it-yourself brick walkways
- The pros and cons of having a homeowners association
- 5 places to find free firewood
- Homemade detergent for HE washing machines
- 5 best budget decorating tips under $20
- How to make garden stones
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 5 home renovation can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?