Growing Wrigley Field Ivy
by Mira Dessy
I was at Wrigley Field today, and took a clipping of ivy from the outfield wall. Now how do I keep it alive before I plant it on my parents' outside wall? I need to keep it in my apartment for about a week before I can plant it. By the way, is there a trick to planting ivy? Please help!!!
Ivy is really tricky to start from cuttings. I usually don't have much luck with it. But you can try putting it in a container of water and putting that in a location that gets indirect sun and see if it gets roots. If it does let it develop a good root system. Then plant it in a "light" soil mixture to grow. Hope this helps.
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
If you have a question for Mira, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. She's able to answer many of them personally.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?