Growing Wrigley Field Ivy
by Mira Dessy
I was at Wrigley Field today, and took a clipping of ivy from the outfield wall. Now how do I keep it alive before I plant it on my parents' outside wall? I need to keep it in my apartment for about a week before I can plant it. By the way, is there a trick to planting ivy? Please help!!!
Ivy is really tricky to start from cuttings. I usually don't have much luck with it. But you can try putting it in a container of water and putting that in a location that gets indirect sun and see if it gets roots. If it does let it develop a good root system. Then plant it in a "light" soil mixture to grow. Hope this helps.
If you have a question for Mira, send it to email@example.com. She's able to answer many of them personally.
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Will my insurance spike if I rent out my basement?
- Why pay extra toward mortgage principal?
- 5 tips to sell a home before buying another
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?