Growing Wrigley Field Ivy
by Mira Dessy
I was at Wrigley Field today, and took a clipping of ivy from the outfield wall. Now how do I keep it alive before I plant it on my parents' outside wall? I need to keep it in my apartment for about a week before I can plant it. By the way, is there a trick to planting ivy? Please help!!!
Ivy is really tricky to start from cuttings. I usually don't have much luck with it. But you can try putting it in a container of water and putting that in a location that gets indirect sun and see if it gets roots. If it does let it develop a good root system. Then plant it in a "light" soil mixture to grow. Hope this helps.
If you have a question for Mira, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. She's able to answer many of them personally.
Also in Home
- 12 frugal tips for a warm home
- The many uses for baking soda
- What you need to know about home maintenance schedules
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 ways to organize your home in the new year
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?