Christmas Shopping on Your Vacation
by John Watson
Here it is, time to be thinking about vacation, and instead I'm talking about Christmas. Well, don't laugh, we can combine them in a useful way.
Whenever you are away on vacation you will usually find something unique and think, "This is something Aunt Suzie would enjoy." You usually wind up buying the item and taking it to Aunt Suzie as a memento of your trip.
Now, think about other members of your family and friends and you could probably find something unique and different for each one. You were planning on getting them something anyway, weren't you?
Now, take these items home and put them up in a safe place and consider your Christmas shopping done. Come Christmas time, family and friends will receive some unique gifts that were not bought locally. You have a more relaxed holiday without all that last-minute shopping and everyone is happy.
John is editor of The Common Sense Newsletter, with common sense ideas on money management and life in general. To subscribe send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with "Subscribe Common Sense" in the subject.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Trending on TDS
- Getting in home help for an elderly parent
- Save on youth sports
- Taking professional quality photos with your cellphone
- 14 tools to make one income living possible
- Selling a prom dress
- 10 easy ways to get organized
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- March bargains in supermarket and beyond
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids Video
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in March
- 5 types of freebies you can snag today
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator