Plastic Water Lines
by Sherm Turner
Dear Mr. Plumber,
We are building a new house from the ground in Michigan. Our builder wants to install plastic water lines in the house. Is this any good? What is the code? Could the plastic water pipes leak?
Mikey in Michigan
Yes, you could and will have leaks using plastic water lines in Michigan. The plumbing code for nearly all the frigid states requires copper pipe and fittings. You never stated what type of plastic pipe but certain types have been outlawed / banned from use in colder climates.
Sherm Turner is a Master Plumber with over 30 years experience. "Ask the Master Plumber" is his way of encouraging people to help the disabled, elderly, handicapped and children. If you have a question for Sherm, email it to him at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also In This Week's Issue
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- How to regain storage space and cut the clutter
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Free fireplace logs
- 8 kitchen remodeling projects for under $500
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 hazards your home insurance won't cover
- How to save on mortgage as rates rise
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free money-saving articles in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Surviving Tough Times.