Computer Failure Codes
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Can you tell me how to jump the terminals to read the computer codes on a 1995 Pontiac Firebird? I have done this many times before on GM cars but this is a different plug from the earlier GM models. I would appreciate any help you can give me on this.
Vernon W. of Hot Springs, AR
Go to Pep Boys or any other well-known auto parts store and buy a SUNPRO code scanner for about $25. This way you run no risk of shorting out the wrong pins.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- DIY backyard waterfall
- Painting a basement floor
- Make your own laundry detergent
- Do-it-yourself home remodeling on the cheap
- Simple steps to lower your water and sewer bills
- Decorating with yard sale finds
- Managing your mortgage
- The cheapskate's guide to flooring
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 6 energy-saving projects for your home
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- How much equity can you cash out of your home?
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?