Computer Failure Codes
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Can you tell me how to jump the terminals to read the computer codes on a 1995 Pontiac Firebird? I have done this many times before on GM cars but this is a different plug from the earlier GM models. I would appreciate any help you can give me on this.
Vernon W. of Hot Springs, AR
Go to Pep Boys or any other well-known auto parts store and buy a SUNPRO code scanner for about $25. This way you run no risk of shorting out the wrong pins.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Ways to reuse an entertainment center
- The cost of using your clothes dryer
- Hay bale gardens
- Priortizing home repair projects
- Great ideas for decorating your entry on a dime
- Easy, inexpensive ways to grow from seed
- 10 ways to save money on your utility bill
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?