Two New Tires: Front or Back?
by Bob DeP.
I will be replacing two tires on my '91 Mazda Protege (the ones I'm replacing are currently on the rear). I'm curious if it would be best to put the new tires on the front or rear, or does it matter, as far as traction, wear, etc?
On a front wheel drive vehicle, it is always best to put the new tires on the front!
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- 8 things to do before you shop for a rent-to-own home
- Turning your home into a bed & breakfast inn
- Affordable safety improvements for your home
- How to repair throw rugs
- Combating dry winter indoor air
- Refurbishing wood cabinets
- Safeguarding your home during winter absences
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 things to do before you buy a home
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?