Two New Tires: Front or Back?
by Bob DeP.
I will be replacing two tires on my '91 Mazda Protege (the ones I'm replacing are currently on the rear). I'm curious if it would be best to put the new tires on the front or rear, or does it matter, as far as traction, wear, etc?
On a front wheel drive vehicle, it is always best to put the new tires on the front!
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- What's that little switch on my ceiling fan?
- Tips for cleaning home siding
- How to decorate a backyard gazebo Readers' Solutions
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?