Lease Car Damage Deposit
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a '98 Neon on lease for three years...have had it one year in October I believe. Anyway, on my passenger door, there is a rust spot under the door frame, likely created by a brush with a curb. It's about half a foot long and is only visible if you take the time to look down at that side of the car. I noticed there is a slight dent under the mark as well. Is this something that should be covered under my insurance, am I going to have to pay for it myself? If I dot fix it will it hurt my value a lot when I return the car to get another or get out of leasing all together? Any insight you might have would be greatly appreciated.
The leasing company will definitely charge you for that. Remember that security deposit you left? Well, they try to find anything they can to not give that back. And something like this, they might send you a bill for. Get an estimate to have it fixed and see where that takes you.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Tax consequences for selling your home in your 50's and 60's
- Should you refinance your home?
- How to repair ripped window and door screens
- What makes my electric bill so high?
- Homemade cleaner for jetted tubs, shower heads & sprayers
- How to remove urine stains from a hardwood floor
- Finding furniture for smaller spaces
- 10 ways to save money on your utility bill
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?