Dropped the Thingamajig
by Sherm Turner
I was trying to replace the face plate for my trip-lever waste thingamajig and the linkage broke and fell down into the Bathtub waste tube. What do I do now? Is there anyway to get this out? Should I give up and call a plumber?
Since the thingamajig broke we strongly recommend its time to call a plumber. The good plumber will fix this and save you money and avoid any more unnecessary pipe breakage.
Sherm Turner is a Master Plumber with over 30 years experience. "Ask the Master Plumber" is his way of encouraging people to help the disabled, elderly, handicapped and children. If you have a question for Sherm, email it to him at: sher_msn.com. If you've benefited from his advice, please send a free will donation, on his behalf, to a favorite charity.
Also in Home
- How to clean and restore cast-iron cookware
- Homemade fireplace logs
- Frugal ways to winterize your home
- Is it cost-effective to make your own laundry detergent?
- Recipes for homemade fabric fresheners
- Inexpensive reupholstery
- Make your own cleaners
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 5 home renovation can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?