Painting a Roof
I need some information about painting a roof. A customer asked me to paint her asphalt shingle roof and I have never heard of doing that. Any info available?
I have never had the pleasure of having a customer ask me to paint a roof! Up here in New England, the weathering on roofs is not really severe (aside from the occasional tree dropping on them), so most roofs live up to their warranties, 20 years or more useful life. However, in more tropical climates, the elements are more hostile, and the plant life more aggressive!
A company out of Miami known as Somay Products, Inc., www.somay.com, has a very informative web site about painting in general. One product they market is a roof coating called Roof Mastic, which they claim will do everything for your roof except paint itself on! You can contact the company as to the availability of the product in your area, or maybe you can order direct. Let me know your experience with this product if you decide to try it.
The Natural One
COPYRIGHT 1998 G.G. ALONZY
Have a small home repair question for THE NATURAL HANDYMAN? Just click here www.naturalhandyman.com/aitikia
For more home repair information, visit NH's growing list of original home repair articles and quality links www.naturalhandyman.com
If this information has been valuable to you, please consider making a small donation to support NH's free service to the home repair community! For more information, please visit our "Friends" page www.naturalhandyman.com/friends
The Natural Handyman Site Directory
- Home Repair Articles www.naturalhandyman.com/iip
- Home Repair Links Library www.naturalhandyman.com/linkslibrary
- NH's Bookshop www.naturalhandyman.com/bookshop
- Find a handyman at www.naturalhandyman.com/network
- Win unique home repair gifts and prizes at www.naturalhandyman.com/contest
Please read the important copyright and disclaimer information is located at www.naturalhandyman.com/copyright
Also in Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- Tha basics of financing a home improvement project
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Winter energy saving ideas for renters
- How to control carpenter ants
- 3 things you need to know about free firewood
- Essential fall home repairs
- Fill your home with things that you love
- Organize your garage
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?