Toilet Flushing Problems
by Sherm Turner
Our toilet seems to swirl the water around and not flush. We have tried draino & other stuff, but it never works. My sink also stopped up yesterday and the shower does not drain well. Any ideas would be appreciated. We do not want to get ripped-off again.
-- Slow Water Sam
First you should have a good plumber clean your drains with an electric sewer machine from the house to the (F.A.I.) fresh-air-inlet pipe out side. Then clean the sewer from the (F.A.I.) to the street sewer. Completely flush out and wash the sewer system afterwards. Then check and test the separate drainage lines to see if they are all right. If not, clean out the separate drainage lines with the electric sewer machine and then flush out and wash your piping.
Sherm Turner is a Master Plumber with over 30 years experience. "Ask the Master Plumber" is his way of encouraging people to help the disabled, elderly, handicapped and children. If you have a question for Sherm, email it to him at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also in Home
- Buying carpet for less
- Inexpensive backyard play areas
- Eliminating bed bugs
- Managing home projects
- Furnishing your first apartment
- 7 low-cost ways to beat the heat
- Happy homemaking the homemade way
- DIY furniture remakes
- Inexpensive ways to change color of laminate countertops
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 5 home renovation can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?