Toilet Flushing Problems
by Sherm Turner
Our toilet seems to swirl the water around and not flush. We have tried draino & other stuff, but it never works. My sink also stopped up yesterday and the shower does not drain well. Any ideas would be appreciated. We do not want to get ripped-off again.
-- Slow Water Sam
First you should have a good plumber clean your drains with an electric sewer machine from the house to the (F.A.I.) fresh-air-inlet pipe out side. Then clean the sewer from the (F.A.I.) to the street sewer. Completely flush out and wash the sewer system afterwards. Then check and test the separate drainage lines to see if they are all right. If not, clean out the separate drainage lines with the electric sewer machine and then flush out and wash your piping.
Sherm Turner is a Master Plumber with over 30 years experience. "Ask the Master Plumber" is his way of encouraging people to help the disabled, elderly, handicapped and children. If you have a question for Sherm, email it to him at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also in Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- Tha basics of financing a home improvement project
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Homemade fireplace logs
- Ways to reupholster a couch inexpensively
- Frugal ways to winterize your home
- Homemade fabric fresheners
- Surviving the water bill
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?