Toilet Flushing Problems
by Sherm Turner
Our toilet seems to swirl the water around and not flush. We have tried draino & other stuff, but it never works. My sink also stopped up yesterday and the shower does not drain well. Any ideas would be appreciated. We do not want to get ripped-off again.
-- Slow Water Sam
First you should have a good plumber clean your drains with an electric sewer machine from the house to the (F.A.I.) fresh-air-inlet pipe out side. Then clean the sewer from the (F.A.I.) to the street sewer. Completely flush out and wash the sewer system afterwards. Then check and test the separate drainage lines to see if they are all right. If not, clean out the separate drainage lines with the electric sewer machine and then flush out and wash your piping.
Sherm Turner is a Master Plumber with over 30 years experience. "Ask the Master Plumber" is his way of encouraging people to help the disabled, elderly, handicapped and children. If you have a question for Sherm, email it to him at: email@example.com.
Also in Home
- How to clean and restore cast-iron cookware
- Homemade fireplace logs
- Frugal ways to winterize your home
- Is it cost-effective to make your own laundry detergent?
- Recipes for homemade fabric fresheners
- Inexpensive reupholstery
- Make your own cleaners
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- How to keep your mortgage data safe from hackers
- 5 home renovations that can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- Flood insurance too high? You may have options
- Should I refinance my home equity line?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?