Knock, Knock, Who's There?
by Sherm Turner
We have been experiencing "knocking pipes" and it has gotten worse. I had a plumber tell me that we need to replace the Valley Cartridges in both shower valves. Could I buy the cartridges myself and save dollars? It sounds like the pipes make more noise in the basement than the showers. What could this be?
Beware of this plumber!! Your knocking pipes may be caused by more than needing new cartridges in your shower valves. Some pipes may need to be supported and fastened more securely, too. Please check out and test all work prior to paying this plumber.
Sherm Turner is a Master Plumber with over 30 years experience. "Ask the Master Plumber" is his way of encouraging people to help the disabled, elderly, handicapped and children. If you have a question for Sherm, email it to him at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you've benefited from his advice, please send a free will donation, on his behalf, to a favorite charity.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- Your trickiest cleaning problems solved
- How to eliminate mosquitos for less Insider Report
- Choosing a roadside assistance plan
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?