About Gardening: Getting Rid of Garden Snails
by Mira Dessy
We live in California and have so many snails everywhere! Everything I try to plant, they destroy. Can you help me? I'd prefer a natural way to get rid of them.
Snails and slugs can be a big pest in the garden. The there are several ways to get rid of them. The best way is to simply go out there and pick them up and dispose of them. But it can be very time consuming to do that. Slugs like the smell of beer and a pan of beer placed outside overnight will attract them. If you make the level deep enough they will drown. You might try this for snails, I don't know if it works or not. The other thing is copper tape. As the snail or slug tries to pass the copper tape it creates a small electrostatic charge which is very unpleasant to them. The tape is wide enough that they won't cross it. I believe that Gardener's Supply carries this tape or you might see if you can find it locally.
Hope this helps.
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- 8 ways homebuyers annoy sellers
- Why pay extra toward mortgage principal?
- Avoid mortgage closing costs on a refinance?
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?