About Gardening: Getting Rid of Garden Snails
by Mira Dessy
We live in California and have so many snails everywhere! Everything I try to plant, they destroy. Can you help me? I'd prefer a natural way to get rid of them.
Snails and slugs can be a big pest in the garden. The there are several ways to get rid of them. The best way is to simply go out there and pick them up and dispose of them. But it can be very time consuming to do that. Slugs like the smell of beer and a pan of beer placed outside overnight will attract them. If you make the level deep enough they will drown. You might try this for snails, I don't know if it works or not. The other thing is copper tape. As the snail or slug tries to pass the copper tape it creates a small electrostatic charge which is very unpleasant to them. The tape is wide enough that they won't cross it. I believe that Gardener's Supply carries this tape or you might see if you can find it locally.
Hope this helps.
Also in Home
- DIY backyard waterfall
- Painting a basement floor
- Make your own laundry detergent
- Do-it-yourself home remodeling on the cheap
- Simple steps to lower your water and sewer bills
- Decorating with yard sale finds
- Managing your mortgage
- The cheapskate's guide to flooring
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 6 energy-saving projects for your home
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- How much equity can you cash out of your home?
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?