The Kids Did What?!?
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Some kids (yes, I still love them) were trying to get some gas out of my Windstar's tank by using a paper towel and a stick (the idea was they'd let the paper towel soak some gas, pull it out, and everybody would be happy).
Well, to make a long story short, they didn't get the gas, but they lost the paper towel and stick in the tank. So, I have two questions for you:
- What's the best thing for me to do at this point? Keep the tank filled at half capacity or more so the pollutants keep floating? Get everything changed and deprive the kids of their college fund?
- What's the worst thing that could happen if we just let things stay in there?
I bet nothing is actually in the tank. If you look at that hose from the underside of the car, you will see that it makes several 90 degree bends. I bet that your rag and stick are stuck in the first bend. Now, you could take the filler hose off the tank and remove it from the car and clear out the debris or bring it to a dealer to have it done. As for the college tuition, I'd spend it to buy a lock for that gas tank!
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- How to seal your basement from outside moisture
- Are you ready to buy your first home? Video
- How to clear a clogged drain naturally
- Indoor container gardening
- Hot? Turn on the furnace!
- The essential starting point to lower summer energy bills
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- How spring cleaning can save you money
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?