The Frugal Decorator: A Simple Plant Holder
by Leah Wynne
Make a plant holder from a utility bracket: You know, those gray or white L-shaped brackets, they have three screw holds in each "arm." Mount one on the wall where you want the plant to hang. If you want to paint the bracket to match your decor, mount it so the part sticking out from the wall is on top.
If you want the bracket to be hidden from view by the pot, mount it so the L is on the bottom. Drill a hole through a plastic drip tray or plastic plate. You'll have to put the tray on the bracket and mark where the holes are in the bracket, then drill. Then put your potted plant in the tray. Remember to use plastic anchors in the wall if you don't drill into a stud.
Leah works part-time at a home-decorating store and practices frugal living on a daily basis.
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Will my insurance spike if I rent out my basement?
- Why pay extra toward mortgage principal?
- 5 tips to sell a home before buying another
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?