Halloween Monster Make-Up
by Christine Torres
Great Halloween Treats
Costumes for Teens
Recipe 1: Face Make-Up
1 tsp. fuller's earth (available from drugstore)
1 tsp. plain yogurt
1 tsp. water
A few drops of food coloring
Lightly apply to face, avoiding areas around mouth and eyes. (Use lipstick and/or eyeshadow for these areas.) Make-up will wash off with water.
Recipe 2: Body Paints
2 c non-irritating baby shampoo
Powdered tempera paints
Divide the shampoo into two or more portions (depending on how many different colors you want). Stir in tempera paint. Children can smoothe this on their bodies, lathering to make shapes and designs. It comes off easily by running through the sprinklers or showering.
Recipe 3: Face Paints
6 tsp. corn starch
3 tsp. water
3 tsp. cold cream
six-cup muffin tin
In each cup of the muffin tin, put 1 teaspoon of cornstarch and 1/2 teaspoon each of cold cream and water. Add a different color of food coloring to each cup. Mix well.
Take the Next Step:
- Check out Costume Craze for a huge selection of costumes for all ages.
- Homemade Halloween Make Up, Bruises & Blood
- Halloween on a Dime - More scarey make-up tricks & fun decorations too.
- Murphy's Law at Halloween
- Dollar Stretcher Newsletter - Free weekly newsletter with articles to save you time and money!
Also in Family
- Frugal graduation gift ideas
- Inexpensive backyard play areas
- 3 tips to teach kids about money
- Contain veterinary costs for your pet
- Grocery items you can find on sale in April
- How to rein in a spending spouse
- Make your own baby food
- 4 free apps that help you save