Halloween Monster Make-Up
by Christine Torres
Great Halloween Treats
Costumes for Teens
Recipe 1: Face Make-Up
1 tsp. fuller's earth (available from drugstore)
1 tsp. plain yogurt
1 tsp. water
A few drops of food coloring
Lightly apply to face, avoiding areas around mouth and eyes. (Use lipstick and/or eyeshadow for these areas.) Make-up will wash off with water.
Recipe 2: Body Paints
2 c non-irritating baby shampoo
Powdered tempera paints
Divide the shampoo into two or more portions (depending on how many different colors you want). Stir in tempera paint. Children can smoothe this on their bodies, lathering to make shapes and designs. It comes off easily by running through the sprinklers or showering.
Recipe 3: Face Paints
6 tsp. corn starch
3 tsp. water
3 tsp. cold cream
six-cup muffin tin
In each cup of the muffin tin, put 1 teaspoon of cornstarch and 1/2 teaspoon each of cold cream and water. Add a different color of food coloring to each cup. Mix well.
Take the Next Step:
- Check out Costume Craze for a huge selection of costumes for all ages.
- Learn how to make homemade Halloween make up, bruises & blood.
- Have Halloween on a dime with these frugally scary make-up tricks & fun decorations.
- Join those who 'live better...for less' - Subscribe to The Dollar Stretcher newsletter, a weekly look at how to stretch both your day and your dollar! Subscribers get a copy of our ebook Little Luxuries: 130 Ways to Live Better...For Less for FREE!
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
More Money-Saving Tips for Families
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Sizzling savings: The 10 best deals in July
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- How are relationships faeected by money?
- What's best for baby? Store vs. name brands
- Happy homemaking the homemade way
- This week's Readers' Tips