Halloween Monster Make-Up
by Christine Torres
Great Halloween Treats
Costumes for Teens
Recipe 1: Face Make-Up
1 tsp. fuller's earth (available from drugstore)
1 tsp. plain yogurt
1 tsp. water
A few drops of food coloring
Lightly apply to face, avoiding areas around mouth and eyes. (Use lipstick and/or eyeshadow for these areas.) Make-up will wash off with water.
Recipe 2: Body Paints
2 c non-irritating baby shampoo
Powdered tempera paints
Divide the shampoo into two or more portions (depending on how many different colors you want). Stir in tempera paint. Children can smoothe this on their bodies, lathering to make shapes and designs. It comes off easily by running through the sprinklers or showering.
Recipe 3: Face Paints
6 tsp. corn starch
3 tsp. water
3 tsp. cold cream
six-cup muffin tin
In each cup of the muffin tin, put 1 teaspoon of cornstarch and 1/2 teaspoon each of cold cream and water. Add a different color of food coloring to each cup. Mix well.
Take the Next Step:
- No time for a DIY costume this year? Shop the newest costumes available at HalloweenCostumes.com!
- Learn how to make homemade Halloween make up, bruises & blood.
- Have Halloween on a dime with these frugally scary make-up tricks & fun decorations.
- Join those who 'live better...for less' - Subscribe to The Dollar Stretcher newsletter, a weekly look at how to stretch both your day and your dollar! Subscribers get a copy of our ebook Little Luxuries: 130 Ways to Live Better...For Less for FREE!
We're still paying off last Christmas and worry how we'll afford the holidays this year without charging it again! Tell us: Yes, we could use help getting out of the debt trap we're in! or No, debt is not a problem for us but I'm always looking for ways to trim my family's expenses further!
Money-Saving Tools for Families
Trending This Week
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the best tool to start teaching my teen to manage money?
- Buying and selling toys on Craigslist
- Home remedies for common winter ailments
- Cheaper kitty litter
- This week's Readers' Tips