by Sherm Turner
When I shut off the hot water there is a big bang like somebody got shot. Everybody jumps and ducks! This gets embarrassing, too. I certainly would appreciate any help and advice.
Your water lines may need some additional supporting, clamping down and securely anchoring your water pipes. Also, make sure that all washers for valves and/or faucets are serviced and checked out for washer replacements if needed. If needed, install new washers.
Sherm Turner is a Master Plumber with over 30 years experience. "Ask the Master Plumber" is his way of encouraging people to help the disabled, elderly, handicapped and children. If you have a question for Sherm, email it to him at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you've benefited from his advice, please send a free will donation, on his behalf, to a favorite charity.
Also In This Week's Issue
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- How to regain storage space and cut the clutter
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Free fireplace logs
- 8 kitchen remodeling projects for under $500
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 hazards your home insurance won't cover
- How to save on mortgage as rates rise
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free money-saving articles in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Surviving Tough Times.