by Sherm Turner
When I shut off the hot water there is a big bang like somebody got shot. Everybody jumps and ducks! This gets embarrassing, too. I certainly would appreciate any help and advice.
Your water lines may need some additional supporting, clamping down and securely anchoring your water pipes. Also, make sure that all washers for valves and/or faucets are serviced and checked out for washer replacements if needed. If needed, install new washers.
Sherm Turner is a Master Plumber with over 30 years experience. "Ask the Master Plumber" is his way of encouraging people to help the disabled, elderly, handicapped and children. If you have a question for Sherm, email it to him at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you've benefited from his advice, please send a free will donation, on his behalf, to a favorite charity.
Also in Home
- 12 frugal tips for a warm home
- The many uses for baking soda
- What you need to know about home maintenance schedules
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 ways to organize your home in the new year
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?