The Frugal Decorator: Organized Pot Storage for under $5
by Leah Wynne
You can make an attractive over-the-head pot holder for minimal cost. Take a one inch dowel, the length depends on how much room you have. Decorate it with paint, stencil, wallpaper or leave plain. An inch from either end, drill a small hole and screw in a closed hook. Alternatively, you can screw a plain screw into either end.
Put two ceiling hooks in the ceiling at the right spot. For visual interest, try bringing the hooks in closer or out further than the length of the dowel. Attach a chain or strong rope to the ceiling hooks and attach the dowel. Hang pots from S-hooks or evenly screw in large cup hooks to the bottom of the dowel.
Leah works part-time at a home-decorating store and practices frugal living on a daily basis.
Also in Home
- 10 ways to cut the cost of cleaning
- Natural homemade laundry soap
- How to buy a Christmas tree
- Preparing for a snow storm
- How to reduce heating bills
- Corian countertop repair
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 ways to organize your home in the new year
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?