The Frugal Decorator: Organized Pot Storage for under $5
by Leah Wynne
You can make an attractive over-the-head pot holder for minimal cost. Take a one inch dowel, the length depends on how much room you have. Decorate it with paint, stencil, wallpaper or leave plain. An inch from either end, drill a small hole and screw in a closed hook. Alternatively, you can screw a plain screw into either end.
Put two ceiling hooks in the ceiling at the right spot. For visual interest, try bringing the hooks in closer or out further than the length of the dowel. Attach a chain or strong rope to the ceiling hooks and attach the dowel. Hang pots from S-hooks or evenly screw in large cup hooks to the bottom of the dowel.
Leah works part-time at a home-decorating store and practices frugal living on a daily basis.
Also in Home
- Cleaning the things that clean
- Painting a basement floor
- Make your own laundry detergent
- Inexpensive backyard play areas
- Buying a new furnace
- Recycling 'gray' water
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- How spring cleaning can save you money
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?