The Frugal Decorator: Organized Pot Storage for under $5
by Leah Wynne
You can make an attractive over-the-head pot holder for minimal cost. Take a one inch dowel, the length depends on how much room you have. Decorate it with paint, stencil, wallpaper or leave plain. An inch from either end, drill a small hole and screw in a closed hook. Alternatively, you can screw a plain screw into either end.
Put two ceiling hooks in the ceiling at the right spot. For visual interest, try bringing the hooks in closer or out further than the length of the dowel. Attach a chain or strong rope to the ceiling hooks and attach the dowel. Hang pots from S-hooks or evenly screw in large cup hooks to the bottom of the dowel.
Leah works part-time at a home-decorating store and practices frugal living on a daily basis.
Also in Home
- How to save energy by monitoring usage Giveaway
- Controlling a messy closet for less!
- How to find the best washing machine for your family
- Reduce your water bills with rain barrels
- Is hanging wallpaper a DIY job?
- Selling your home online
- Creative kids' rooms on a budget
- Natural care of fruit trees
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 5 home renovation can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?