CopyKat Recipes: Shrimp and Garlic Pasta
by Stephanie Manley
This one is a favorite from a restaurant located in South Florida. I can't tell you how many requests I have had from this restaurant. Please enjoy our first recipe from Shells. Oh, yes, we have many other favorites at CopyKat.com.
Shell's Shrimp and Garlic Pasta
- 8 oz. linguine
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 lb. shrimp, cleaned and halved
- 1/2 C. Olive oil
- 1/2 C. dry white wine
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 dashes soy sauce
- 2 C. heavy cream
- salt and pepper
Cook the butter and the linguine in salted boiling water until almost al dente. Drain and set aside. Combine olive oil, wine, garlic, salt and pepper, soy sauce and heavy cream in a large saucepan. Add the shrimp, stir and add the linguine. Stirring gently, cook over medium high heat for almost 10 minutes, or until shrimp is done and linguine is perfectly done. Serve at once. It will initially seem a little runny, but will set up and become a wonderful sauce. DO NOT USE HALF AND HALF! Don't cook it the full 10 minutes if it doesn't need it.
Visit CopyKat Creations for more great make at home restaurant recipes.
Trending on TDS
- 5 ways to prevent elderly relatives from throwing away money
- Teaching small children about wants and needs
- Could a home security system be right for you?
- 10 kid-friendly tips for surviving long winter days
- Keeping your toddler warm at night
- Home remedies for colds and flus
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- December bargains in the supermarket and beyond
- A dozen things you should buy in December
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- How to start writing your will
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator