CopyKat Recipes: Shrimp and Garlic Pasta
by Stephanie Manley
This one is a favorite from a restaurant located in South Florida. I can't tell you how many requests I have had from this restaurant. Please enjoy our first recipe from Shells. Oh, yes, we have many other favorites at CopyKat.com.
Shell's Shrimp and Garlic Pasta
- 8 oz. linguine
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 lb. shrimp, cleaned and halved
- 1/2 C. Olive oil
- 1/2 C. dry white wine
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 dashes soy sauce
- 2 C. heavy cream
- salt and pepper
Cook the butter and the linguine in salted boiling water until almost al dente. Drain and set aside. Combine olive oil, wine, garlic, salt and pepper, soy sauce and heavy cream in a large saucepan. Add the shrimp, stir and add the linguine. Stirring gently, cook over medium high heat for almost 10 minutes, or until shrimp is done and linguine is perfectly done. Serve at once. It will initially seem a little runny, but will set up and become a wonderful sauce. DO NOT USE HALF AND HALF! Don't cook it the full 10 minutes if it doesn't need it.
Visit CopyKat Creations for more great make at home restaurant recipes.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- Is your family normal? See how other households spend their money
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- What's on sale in November
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Kids' activities for Thanksgiving gatherings
- 5 ways to reduce the cost of kids' clothing
- What's the best way to bring a puppy into your family?
- 13 things to teach your children that will make their financial lives easier
- How a single mom can create multiple income streams
- Instead of toys for Christmas
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator