CopyKat Recipes: Shrimp and Garlic Pasta
by Stephanie Manley
This one is a favorite from a restaurant located in South Florida. I can't tell you how many requests I have had from this restaurant. Please enjoy our first recipe from Shells. Oh, yes, we have many other favorites at CopyKat.com.
Shell's Shrimp and Garlic Pasta
- 8 oz. linguine
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 lb. shrimp, cleaned and halved
- 1/2 C. Olive oil
- 1/2 C. dry white wine
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 dashes soy sauce
- 2 C. heavy cream
- salt and pepper
Cook the butter and the linguine in salted boiling water until almost al dente. Drain and set aside. Combine olive oil, wine, garlic, salt and pepper, soy sauce and heavy cream in a large saucepan. Add the shrimp, stir and add the linguine. Stirring gently, cook over medium high heat for almost 10 minutes, or until shrimp is done and linguine is perfectly done. Serve at once. It will initially seem a little runny, but will set up and become a wonderful sauce. DO NOT USE HALF AND HALF! Don't cook it the full 10 minutes if it doesn't need it.
Visit CopyKat Creations for more great make at home restaurant recipes.
Trending on TDS
- How to get retired parents to spend money on themselves
- Video: Avoiding vacation debt & regret
- Let's play with edible clay!
- How to create an outside science wall for your kids
- Great ways to give gifts
- 4 tips for enjoying a 'staycation'
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Grocery items you can find on sale in August
- 8 items to buy at yard sales this summer
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator