Can't Fill My Gas Tank
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I recently bought a 1988 Dodge Dakota 4x4 pickup with a V6 engine. When I put gas in the tank, the filler neck fills up and shuts off the pump nozzle no matter how slow the flow of gas is. My mechanic blew out the vent, but that didn't help. Do you have any suggestions?
There may be some sort of restriction in the filler line. I would remove it from the car and inspect it to make sure that there are no foreign materials in there.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
If you have a question for Bob send it to: AskBob@stretcher.com. He's able to answer many of them personally and we'll include the best questions in future issues of The Dollar Stretcher.
Also in Home
- DIY backyard waterfall
- Painting a basement floor
- Make your own laundry detergent
- Do-it-yourself home remodeling on the cheap
- Simple steps to lower your water and sewer bills
- Decorating with yard sale finds
- Managing your mortgage
- The cheapskate's guide to flooring
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 6 energy-saving projects for your home
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- How much equity can you cash out of your home?
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?