Can't Fill My Gas Tank
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I recently bought a 1988 Dodge Dakota 4x4 pickup with a V6 engine. When I put gas in the tank, the filler neck fills up and shuts off the pump nozzle no matter how slow the flow of gas is. My mechanic blew out the vent, but that didn't help. Do you have any suggestions?
There may be some sort of restriction in the filler line. I would remove it from the car and inspect it to make sure that there are no foreign materials in there.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 15 mistakes to avoid when selling your home
- 9 ways to buy furniture for less
- Need a bigger home? How to maximize the space you already have
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?