Can't Fill My Gas Tank
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I recently bought a 1988 Dodge Dakota 4x4 pickup with a V6 engine. When I put gas in the tank, the filler neck fills up and shuts off the pump nozzle no matter how slow the flow of gas is. My mechanic blew out the vent, but that didn't help. Do you have any suggestions?
There may be some sort of restriction in the filler line. I would remove it from the car and inspect it to make sure that there are no foreign materials in there.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- Tha basics of financing a home improvement project
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- 5 steps to saving money with a lasagna garden
- Buying a lease/option home
- Affordable fences
- Fixing up furniture the frugal way
- How a "time of use" meter could reduce your electric bill
- 10 ways to set up a home office without blowing your budget
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?