Can't Fill My Gas Tank
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I recently bought a 1988 Dodge Dakota 4x4 pickup with a V6 engine. When I put gas in the tank, the filler neck fills up and shuts off the pump nozzle no matter how slow the flow of gas is. My mechanic blew out the vent, but that didn't help. Do you have any suggestions?
There may be some sort of restriction in the filler line. I would remove it from the car and inspect it to make sure that there are no foreign materials in there.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
If you have a question for Bob send it to: AskBob@stretcher.com. He's able to answer many of them personally and we'll include the best questions in future issues of The Dollar Stretcher.
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- 8 ways homebuyers annoy sellers
- Why pay extra toward mortgage principal?
- Avoid mortgage closing costs on a refinance?
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?