Ask the Master Plumber: Toilet 'Loses' Water
by Sherm Turner
My toilet bowl works fine except that after attaining its proper level of water following a flush. Tthen the water level drops about 2 - 4 inches in about 10 minutes. There is no leak. What do you think? Please help!
Dear "Losing It"
Some of the much older type reverse trap toilets will do this. In most instances your water level will drop about 3 inches in 5 minutes. Since this type of toilet is older, install a newer type toilet if this annoys you.
Sherm Turner is a Master Plumber with over 30 years experience. "Ask the Master Plumber" is his way of encouraging people to help the disabled, elderly, handicapped and children. If you have a question for Sherm, email it to him at: email@example.com. If you've benefited from his advice, please send a free will donation, on his behalf, to a favorite charity.
Also in Home
- Safe and natural hardwood floor cleaner
- Sectional sofas in small spaces
- Cleaning tile floors
- Could a home security system be right for you?
- Make your own Christmas topiaries
- Natural home clean up
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 ways to organize your home in the new year
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?