Slow Cooker Recipes
Scrumptious Slow Cooker Recipes
Crock Pot Cooking
Tasty Crock Pot Recipes
A Web Resource
SouthernFood.miningco.com specializes in crock pot recipes. Also, Current has a great recipe book for crock pot meals called Fix & Forget. The ingredients are common and easily attainable.
I make a delicious beef stroganoff. buy London broil or any similar cut of steak on sale. I put it whole and raw in the pot. Cover with water about two thirds full, add an envelope of powdered beef or brown gravy. Cook on HI 6 hrs. Add 1/4 c. sour cream and cook on low one hr. Boil wide noodles and serve over them.
Chicken and Peppers
What I do is I put some chicken breasts in the crockpot with chicken broth, chopped onions, green peppers and any kind of spices you want and by the time we all get home it is done. It's very good! My kids love it!
We like to take Kielbasa or Polish sausage and add cabbage,potatoes,onion and a little celery. Some times I boil the meat to remove the fat and then add salt and pepper and two cups of water. Cook it all day while I work on Med. We love it.
We have found a delicious slow-cooker recipe for roast that can be eaten as french dip sandwiches or as flavorful roast:
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 packet onion soup mix
any size roast(s) to fit in your slow-cooker
Combine soy sauce and soup mix in slow-cooker. Add the roast, then add water to cover the roast. Cook on low for 24 hrs. (The aroma will drive you nuts!) Put the meat into sandwiches and dip into the juice it cooked in, or eat the roast as is.
Pat H. of Yankton, SD
Chicken and More Chicken
Put approximately 2-3 pounds of cut up chicken pieces (remove the skin first) in the slow-cooker. Pour about 1/2 bottle of barbecue sauce on top of them. Cover and cook on High for 3-4 hours, or Low 6-8 hours, until chicken is tender
1 lg. onion, thinly sliced
3 lbs. cut up chicken
2 (6 oz.) cans tomato paste
4 oz. sliced mushrooms
1 tsp. salt
1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
1 to 2 tsp. oregano
1/2 c. water
Place onions in bottom of slow-cooker. Add chicken pieces. Stir together remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken. Cook on low 7 to 9 hours; high 3 to 4 hours. Serve over spaghetti.
Favorite Chicken Recipe:
1 chicken cut up, or your favorite pieces
1 jar anybody's spaghetti sauce
dried oregano, garlic salt, or other additives
1 full working day
1. Cut chicken into pieces, if needed.
2. Dump chicken pieces into slow-cooker.
3. Dump 1 jar spaghetti sauce over chicken.
4. Shake dried oregano and garlic salt (or your other favorite additives to spaghetti sauce), to taste.
5. Put lid on slow-cooker and turn the pot on LOW.
6. Come home, fix a pot of rice or pasta, maybe a salad, and a loaf of french bread.
8. CAREFULLY remove the chicken from the slow-cooker to a serving platter (it's tender and will fall apart at the slightest provocation), then spoon the leftover liquid into a gravy boat serve w/ spaghetti
...And Great Leftovers
1 pkg stew meat (about 1#)
1 can tomato soup
2 cans veg all (must be veg-all as it gives the best flavor)
1 onion diced
salt and pepper to taste.
Cook on low for the entire day or in the oven at 250 degrees for 5 hours. I I usually double as it freezes well. serve with cornbread muffins, etc.
Spagetti Sauce for a Month
Brown 2 to 2 1/2 lbs. of ground chuck or ground round (on sale of course). Rinse and drain. Put in crockpot. Add 12 oz. tomato paste. 1 to 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder. 30 oz. Tomato Sauce (homemade or store). Add 8 oz. canned mushrooms and 1/4 cup dried onion flakes. Stir. Cook on low 10 to 12 hours. I sometime cook on high for 3 hrs and reduce to low for 5 more hours.
Sometimes I forget and cook it forever so I have to add more tomato sauce. I add 4 oz. usually. This recipe tastes best after freezing. This is one time when leftovers are better.
Italian Beef & Potato Casserole
1 lb. ground beef
1 5oz. pkg scalloped potatoes
1 16oz can tomatoes
1 10oz can pizza sauce
1/8 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove
1 cup Mozzarella cheese cubed
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp basil
1/2 tsp parsley flakes
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
Cook meat till crumbly; drain. In slow-cooker combine beef with dry sauce mix from package of scalloped potatoes, tomatoes, pizza sauce, water, salt, oregano, basil, parsley and garlic powder. Stir in dry potato slices. Cover and cook on low 4-6 hrs. turn on high and stir in Mozzarella cheese. Top with parmesan cheese. Cover and cook on high for 10-15 min. yields 4-6 servings Note; I have cooked as long as 8hrs and was still fine.
Take enough pork tenderloin to fill your crockpot 2/3 full - I can fit 4 in mine usually, and I try to buy it when it's $2.99/lb. Pour over most of a bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce and cook on low all day. Pour off the watery sauce, shred the meat, and put it back in the crock with fresh BBQ sauce to taste. Leave on low for about half an hour, just to re-warm.
This makes wonderful sandwiches and I freeze the remaining BBQ pork in meal-size portions for another day.
Trending on TDS
- A great way to save for your kids' college TDS Recommends
- Are there any good generic dog food brands?
- A financial safety net for single moms
- Keeping your kids well-clothed for less
- Fun recipes to keep the kids busy this summer
- Kids' parties: Keeping the expenses down while turning up the fun
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in May
- Raising a child with financial smarts Video
- Savings challenge: Make your own fresh dog food
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator