The Frugal Decorator: From Pot to Candle Holder
by Leah Wynne
From Pot to Candle Holder with a Flick of the Wrist
To make one candle holder you need one mini terra cotta pot and the glazed pan that goes with it (usually sold separately), paint and a sponge paintbrush. I use the little 2 oz bottles of craft paint from Folkart or Anita's. Paint the outside of the pot and the bottom of the pan, using a dabbing motion with the sponge brush. Once dry, you can decorate further or leave as is.
Turn the pot upside down and place the pan onto the pot, painted side up. You're candle will sit on top of the pan. Experiment with different size pots and pans and candles. For stability, you can glue the pan to the pot if you want.
Leah works part-time at a home-decorating store and practices frugal living on a daily basis.
Also in Home
- Rent a garden plot
- Renewing bathroom sinks
- Homemade dishwasher detergent
- Cheap sofa reupholstery
- Free landscape borders Slideshow
- Homemade floor cleaners
- 5 ways to prepare your garden for spring
- 10 ways to save money on your utility bill
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?