The Frugal Decorator: From Pot to Candle Holder
by Leah Wynne
From Pot to Candle Holder with a Flick of the Wrist
To make one candle holder you need one mini terra cotta pot and the glazed pan that goes with it (usually sold separately), paint and a sponge paintbrush. I use the little 2 oz bottles of craft paint from Folkart or Anita's. Paint the outside of the pot and the bottom of the pan, using a dabbing motion with the sponge brush. Once dry, you can decorate further or leave as is.
Turn the pot upside down and place the pan onto the pot, painted side up. You're candle will sit on top of the pan. Experiment with different size pots and pans and candles. For stability, you can glue the pan to the pot if you want.
Leah works part-time at a home-decorating store and practices frugal living on a daily basis.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 15 mistakes to avoid when selling your home
- 9 ways to buy furniture for less
- Need a bigger home? How to maximize the space you already have
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?