How to make Cracker Barrel fried apples
CopyKat Recipes: Cracker Barrel Fried Apples
by Stephanie Manley
This one and many more can be found at CopyKat.com!
6 tart apples, sliced
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 C. bacon drippings
1/4 C. brown sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
In a large skillet, melt bacon drippings. Pour apples evenly over skillet bottom. Sprinkle lemon juice over them, then brown sugar, then salt. Cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes until apples are tender and juicy. Sprinkle with cinnamon & nutmeg.
Visit the CopyKat website CopyKat.com for more great restaurant recipes. You'll be amazed at what you can create in your own kitchen.
We're still paying off last Christmas and worry how we'll afford the holidays this year without charging it again! Tell us: Yes, we could use help getting out of the debt trap we're in! or No, debt is not a problem for us but I'm always looking for ways to trim my family's expenses further!
More Money-Saving Tips for Families
- Snap up these 9 deals in August
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- How your family can make a difference on $5 or less
- The perks of part-time work
- Modeling impulse control for your children
- Business ideas for kids
- This week's Readers' Tips