How to make Cracker Barrel fried apples
CopyKat Recipes: Cracker Barrel Fried Apples
by Stephanie Manley
This one and many more can be found at copykat.com!
6 tart apples, sliced
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 C. bacon drippings
1/4 C. brown sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
In a large skillet, melt bacon drippings. Pour apples evenly over skillet bottom. Sprinkle lemon juice over them, then brown sugar, then salt. Cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes until apples are tender and juicy. Sprinkle with cinnamon & nutmeg.
Visit the CopyKat website copykat.com for more great restaurant recipes. You'll be amazed at what you can create in your own kitchen.
Trending on TDS
- Inexpensive meal ideas for family reunions
- Frugal family journeys into geneology
- Avoiding your parents' debts
- Giveaway: Back-to-school lunch essentials
- Baby toys you can make
- Respect for a stay-at-home mom
- Saving kids from consumierism
- Inexpensive backyard play areas
- Beating the back-to-school budget blues
- 4 tips for enjoying a 'staycation'
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Grocery items you can find on sale in July
- 8 items to buy at yard sales this summer
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator