Replacing a Tub with a Shower
by Sherm Turner
We want to remove the bathtub because it is becoming too difficult to use and climbing in and out of it. Is installing a shower stall practical? Are there any tips you would recommend? What about the cost? Is it worth while?
The shower would be much safer for you with the handy support grab bars to hold on to. Compared to your safety the cost is minor. Remember, you are worth everything. Please install the new shower.
Sherm Turner is a Master Plumber with over 30 years experience. "Ask the Master Plumber" is his way of encouraging people to help the disabled, elderly, handicapped and children. If you have a question for Sherm, email it to him at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you've benefited from his advice, please send a free will donation, on his behalf, to a favorite charity.
Also in Home
- DIY backyard waterfall
- Painting a basement floor
- Make your own laundry detergent
- Do-it-yourself home remodeling on the cheap
- Simple steps to lower your water and sewer bills
- Decorating with yard sale finds
- Managing your mortgage
- The cheapskate's guide to flooring
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 6 energy-saving projects for your home
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- How much equity can you cash out of your home?
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?