The Frugal Decorator: Last Years' Calendar - This Years' Art
by Leah Wynne
Don't throw out last year's calendar, turn it into framed artwork. Carefully separate the pages and frame the pictures. If you're grouping them all together and don't have enough frames that match, just spray paint them all the same colour. A nice gold with an antique finish would bring elegance to the simplest picture.
Leah Wynne works part-time at a home-decorating store and practices frugal living on a daily basis.
Also in Home
- Buying carpet for less
- Inexpensive backyard play areas
- Eliminating bed bugs
- Managing home projects
- Furnishing your first apartment
- 7 low-cost ways to beat the heat
- Happy homemaking the homemade way
- DIY furniture remakes
- Inexpensive ways to change color of laminate countertops
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 5 home renovation can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?