Leaky Washerless Faucet
by Sherm Turner
Several years ago I purchased a washerless faucet. Now the hot water side leaks hot water. Why? I was told that the washerless faucet does not leak and lasts lifetime. What gives?
Dear Wally, First, the washerless faucet is an excellent faucet. It does leak when worn out, and it can last a life time if cared for properly. Because a washerless faucet does not have washers, when the seat gets worn out you will have to buy another faucet to install.
Sherm Turner is a Master Plumber with over 30 years experience. "Ask the Master Plumber" is his way of encouraging people to help the disabled, elderly, handicapped and children. If you have a question for Sherm, email it to him at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you've benefited from his advice, please send a free will donation, on his behalf, to a favorite charity.
Also In This Week's Issue
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- How to regain storage space and cut the clutter
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Free fireplace logs
- 8 kitchen remodeling projects for under $500
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 hazards your home insurance won't cover
- How to save on mortgage as rates rise
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free money-saving articles in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Surviving Tough Times.