Leaky Washerless Faucet
by Sherm Turner
Several years ago I purchased a washerless faucet. Now the hot water side leaks hot water. Why? I was told that the washerless faucet does not leak and lasts lifetime. What gives?
Dear Wally, First, the washerless faucet is an excellent faucet. It does leak when worn out, and it can last a life time if cared for properly. Because a washerless faucet does not have washers, when the seat gets worn out you will have to buy another faucet to install.
Sherm Turner is a Master Plumber with over 30 years experience. "Ask the Master Plumber" is his way of encouraging people to help the disabled, elderly, handicapped and children. If you have a question for Sherm, email it to him at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you've benefited from his advice, please send a free will donation, on his behalf, to a favorite charity.
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Will my insurance spike if I rent out my basement?
- Why pay extra toward mortgage principal?
- 5 tips to sell a home before buying another
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?