Leaky Washerless Faucet
by Sherm Turner
Several years ago I purchased a washerless faucet. Now the hot water side leaks hot water. Why? I was told that the washerless faucet does not leak and lasts lifetime. What gives?
Dear Wally, First, the washerless faucet is an excellent faucet. It does leak when worn out, and it can last a life time if cared for properly. Because a washerless faucet does not have washers, when the seat gets worn out you will have to buy another faucet to install.
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
Sherm Turner is a Master Plumber with over 30 years experience. "Ask the Master Plumber" is his way of encouraging people to help the disabled, elderly, handicapped and children. If you have a question for Sherm, email it to him at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you've benefited from his advice, please send a free will donation, on his behalf, to a favorite charity.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?