Frugal Decorating: Turn a Simple Book into Decoration
by Leah Wynne
Here's a decorative accent for a living room. Take a thick hard-cover book that's just sitting around. I used an accounting textbook that's about two inches thick. Spray the pages with gold spray paint. Do this by holding the book tightly closed while you spray. Then using spray glue, bind the book covers with a fabric remnant. The more elegant the fabric, the better. Now wrap 1" velvet ribbon around the book like you would a present. Make a bow with the ribbon and centre it on the book. Using your glue gun, tuck in small pieces of dried flowers all around the bow. Use your judgement as to how far out to take the flowers. Remember, you want to see the book as well. This is a pretty accent for a side table in a living room.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Also in Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- Tha basics of financing a home improvement project
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Getting rid of hornets
- Does home ownership or renting make more sense in retirement? Expert Interview
- Finding an affordable safe handyman
- Make your decor pop with these little things
- Affordable window treatments
- Make a game room for your family on a dime
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?