Frugal Decorating: Turn a Simple Book into Decoration
by Leah Wynne
Here's a decorative accent for a living room. Take a thick hard-cover book that's just sitting around. I used an accounting textbook that's about two inches thick. Spray the pages with gold spray paint. Do this by holding the book tightly closed while you spray. Then using spray glue, bind the book covers with a fabric remnant. The more elegant the fabric, the better. Now wrap 1" velvet ribbon around the book like you would a present. Make a bow with the ribbon and centre it on the book. Using your glue gun, tuck in small pieces of dried flowers all around the bow. Use your judgement as to how far out to take the flowers. Remember, you want to see the book as well. This is a pretty accent for a side table in a living room.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Also in Home
- Cleaning the things that clean
- Painting a basement floor
- Make your own laundry detergent
- Inexpensive backyard play areas
- Buying a new furnace
- Recycling 'gray' water
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- How spring cleaning can save you money
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?