Ask Bob: Tha Auto Answer Man
I have a 1990 Chevy Astro Van and my anti-lock brake light comes on when I am driving. It goes off when I stop. Any idea what is causing this and can it be fixed?
Anytime there is a problem with the brakes, take the car to a certified mechanic or the dealer. If the braking system fails, it could be very serious. Now, since the light goes on when braking and off when not, I would think that the ABS pump is damaged. If it was a sensor, then the light would always be on.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- What's that little switch on my ceiling fan?
- Tips for cleaning home siding
- How to decorate a backyard gazebo Readers' Solutions
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?