by Bob DeP.
I have a 1990 Chevy Astro Van and my anti-lock brake light comes on when I am driving. It goes off when I stop. Any idea what is causing this and can it be fixed?
Anytime there is a problem with the brakes, take the car to a certified mechanic or the dealer. If the braking system fails, it could be very serious. Now, since the light goes on when braking and off when not, I would think that the ABS pump is damaged. If it was a sensor, then the light would always be on.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them here.
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- 8 ways homebuyers annoy sellers
- Why pay extra toward mortgage principal?
- Avoid mortgage closing costs on a refinance?
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?