Ask Bob: Tha Auto Answer Man
I have a 1990 Chevy Astro Van and my anti-lock brake light comes on when I am driving. It goes off when I stop. Any idea what is causing this and can it be fixed?
Anytime there is a problem with the brakes, take the car to a certified mechanic or the dealer. If the braking system fails, it could be very serious. Now, since the light goes on when braking and off when not, I would think that the ABS pump is damaged. If it was a sensor, then the light would always be on.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- Tha basics of financing a home improvement project
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Homemade fireplace logs
- Ways to reupholster a couch inexpensively
- Frugal ways to winterize your home
- Homemade fabric fresheners
- Surviving the water bill
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?