Continually Plugged Toilet
by Sherm Turner
We have a home with two (2) bathrooms. The main bathroom naturally gets more action then the other bathroom. Our action toilet keeps getting plugged up and on a regular basis. We get a huge mess to cleanup. Please help! This toilet has worked excellent for 30 years. What should we do?
Tired of Cleaning Up
Because your action toilet is 30 years and older the hard water with a high calcium has built-up. The calcium content builds and closes around the discharge opening of the toilet 2 1/2". Over the years this opening closes to about 1". Tthen the toilet gets plugged up all the time. To correct you'll need to install a newer type toilet.
Sherm Turner is a Master Plumber with over 30 years experience. "Ask the Master Plumber" is his way of encouraging people to help the disabled, elderly, handicapped and children. If you have a question for Sherm, email it to him at: email@example.com. If you've benefited from his advice, please send a free will donation, on his behalf, to a favorite charity.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 15 mistakes to avoid when selling your home
- 9 ways to buy furniture for less
- Need a bigger home? How to maximize the space you already have
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?