Continually Plugged Toilet
by Sherm Turner
We have a home with two (2) bathrooms. The main bathroom naturally gets more action then the other bathroom. Our action toilet keeps getting plugged up and on a regular basis. We get a huge mess to cleanup. Please help! This toilet has worked excellent for 30 years. What should we do?
Tired of Cleaning Up
Because your action toilet is 30 years and older the hard water with a high calcium has built-up. The calcium content builds and closes around the discharge opening of the toilet 2 1/2". Over the years this opening closes to about 1". Tthen the toilet gets plugged up all the time. To correct you'll need to install a newer type toilet.
Sherm Turner is a Master Plumber with over 30 years experience. "Ask the Master Plumber" is his way of encouraging people to help the disabled, elderly, handicapped and children. If you have a question for Sherm, email it to him at: email@example.com. If you've benefited from his advice, please send a free will donation, on his behalf, to a favorite charity.
Also in Home
- 10 ways to cut the cost of cleaning
- Natural homemade laundry soap
- How to buy a Christmas tree
- Preparing for a snow storm
- How to reduce heating bills
- Corian countertop repair
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 ways to organize your home in the new year
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?