Unresponsive AC/Heater Controls
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
In both of our cars, there are options for the air conditioning/air/heat settings:
Floor and Defrost
Floor and Vent
For some reason on both of our cars the setting are stuck at FLOOR and DEFROST. When we move the dial to change the settings, nothing happens. Do you know what could be wrong?
Most of the time the controls are actually controlled by vacuum. When your controls stop moving to the desired location, it means that either the vacuum supply line is broken, there is a major vacuum leak somewhere else, or the controls are broke.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- 8 ways homebuyers annoy sellers
- Why pay extra toward mortgage principal?
- Avoid mortgage closing costs on a refinance?
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?