Unresponsive AC/Heater Controls
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
In both of our cars, there are options for the air conditioning/air/heat settings:
Floor and Defrost
Floor and Vent
For some reason on both of our cars the setting are stuck at FLOOR and DEFROST. When we move the dial to change the settings, nothing happens. Do you know what could be wrong?
Most of the time the controls are actually controlled by vacuum. When your controls stop moving to the desired location, it means that either the vacuum supply line is broken, there is a major vacuum leak somewhere else, or the controls are broke.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 15 mistakes to avoid when selling your home
- 9 ways to buy furniture for less
- Need a bigger home? How to maximize the space you already have
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?