Unresponsive AC/Heater Controls
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
In both of our cars, there are options for the air conditioning/air/heat settings:
Floor and Defrost
Floor and Vent
For some reason on both of our cars the setting are stuck at FLOOR and DEFROST. When we move the dial to change the settings, nothing happens. Do you know what could be wrong?
Most of the time the controls are actually controlled by vacuum. When your controls stop moving to the desired location, it means that either the vacuum supply line is broken, there is a major vacuum leak somewhere else, or the controls are broke.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- Tha basics of financing a home improvement project
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- 5 steps to saving money with a lasagna garden
- Buying a lease/option home
- Affordable fences
- Fixing up furniture the frugal way
- How a "time of use" meter could reduce your electric bill
- 10 ways to set up a home office without blowing your budget
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?