Lunch Tips and Tricks
by Tam Martin
- If your kids want those expensive little lunchables to take to school, buy one and then reuse the container to put your own fixins in.
- A toasted English muffin, a baggy with 2-3 teaspoons of tomato sauce and a bag with cheese and pepperoni makes a great, fast lunch.
- On Sunday nights, get out the chips, cookies, gold fish, etc., and fill little baggies so they are ready to go when you pack lunches. You may want to hide these so little people don't eat them and then not have them for their lunch.
- Line up 14 slices of bread, and create an assembly line. Place the meat on the slices and place in baggies. Send along a small baggy of mayo or mustard, or even save packets from restaurants that you don't use. The sandwich will be thawed out by lunch time and all your child needs to do is put on the condiment. No more soggy bread!
- Make your own pudding cups with small plastic containers or reuse yogurt cups that have lids.
Recipes 'N More is a free e-zine that is sent out on the first of each month. Each edition includes recipes, household and/or time management tips, sites of interest and money and time saving tips and tricks. To learn more about the newsletter and subscribe to it go to: angelfire.com/pa2/rnmaker93 and click on the "My Newsletter" link at the bottom of the page. To direct questions to Rnmaker93@aol.com.
Trending on TDS
- 8 things your kids need to know about money
- How to save on and enjoy a multi-family vacation
- Working for Avon or Mary Kay Video
- 3 great low cost summer activities with kids
- Teen jobs beyind babysitting and lawn mowing
- Frugal living ideas for large families
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in April
- Raising a child with financial smarts Video
- Savings challenge: Make your own fresh dog food
- April bargains in supermarkets and beyond
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator