Lunch Tips and Tricks
by Tam Martin
- If your kids want those expensive little lunchables to take to school, buy one and then reuse the container to put your own fixins in.
- A toasted English muffin, a baggy with 2-3 teaspoons of tomato sauce and a bag with cheese and pepperoni makes a great, fast lunch.
- On Sunday nights, get out the chips, cookies, gold fish, etc., and fill little baggies so they are ready to go when you pack lunches. You may want to hide these so little people don't eat them and then not have them for their lunch.
- Line up 14 slices of bread, and create an assembly line. Place the meat on the slices and place in baggies. Send along a small baggy of mayo or mustard, or even save packets from restaurants that you don't use. The sandwich will be thawed out by lunch time and all your child needs to do is put on the condiment. No more soggy bread!
- Make your own pudding cups with small plastic containers or reuse yogurt cups that have lids.
Recipes 'N More is a free e-zine that is sent out on the first of each month. Each edition includes recipes, household and/or time management tips, sites of interest and money and time saving tips and tricks. To learn more about the newsletter and subscribe to it go to: angelfire.com/pa2/rnmaker93 and click on the "My Newsletter" link at the bottom of the page. To direct questions to Rnmaker93@aol.com.
Trending on TDS
- Legitimate work-at-home job opportunities in the education arena
- Natural congestion remedies
- Why reuseable snack bags make sense Giveaway
- Family Halloween costumes
- A teen clothing allowance
- Halloween on a dime
- Beating the high cost of bedwetting
- 6 things to consider before taking on the care of elderly parents
- 6 ways to get free movies and discounts
- October deals at the supermarket and beyond
- Why women are dropping out of the workforce
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator