Frugal Home Decor: A Fall Craft Project
by Anette Rogers
Fall... a time when the leaves are changing depending on where you live in the country, a time to bring out the sweaters (in some areas, coats), turn on the heat and nestle in with hot tea or cocoa and get ready for the holidays. In this issue I am going to share my ideas and thoughts for creating an inviting table for friends and family to come and share good food and conversation. A harvest table is one of my favorites. It can be very natural and quite inexpensive to achieve.
Centerpieces can be a combination of falll fruits such as apples, oranges mixed with pumkins and gourds.Pods and leaves found in your bacyard will add interest. Try using a combination of small votive candles with tall candlesticks for height. Almost anything from nature will work for a truly natural abundant centerpiece.
Another centerpiece can be made with Indian corn husks and small decorated wreaths found at craft supply stores. Tablecloths and placemats should compliment the colors in your centerpiece. Use decorative serving pieces. It is O.K. to mix and match your bowls and plates.
For a more simple centerpiece try placing a decorative plate in the center of your table. Fill it with candy corn and place candles of various sizes and shapes on the plate. The candy corn will appear to glow when the candles are lit and the lights are dim.
Pinecones make a wonderful theme. Mix several different sizes and add fall leaves. Add fruit for color. Oranges mix well with pinecones.
Sunflowers make a wonderful fresh centerpiece to any table.
Experiment and be creative if it's pleasing to your eyes and pleasant to your scent, the chances are you've created a wonderful harvest centerpiece.
Frugal Home Decor-Creating a beautiful home yourself with the advice from a Certifed Interior Designer. A bi-monthy newsletter filled with creative money saving ideas and tips for the do-it-yourselfer. Send SASE for a FREE sample copy. To subcribe send $12.00/year (6 issues) to:
AMI Design and Associates
1523 E. Rose Ave
Orange CA 92867.
Trending on TDS
- The value of a stay-at-home parent Slideshow
- Throwing a successful child's birthday party
- The one month budget squeeze
- 10 things teens need to know about money
- Making school lunch healthy and affordable
- 7 steps to becoming a stay-st-home parent
- Getting adult children still living at home to contribute
- 6 things to consider before taking on the care of elderly parents
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Grocery items you can find on sale in September
- Teen texting-while-driving cost: No LOL
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator