Steps To An Organized Closet
by Janet Taylor
Declutter Your Wardrobe
A Closet Full of Wearable Clothes
Before you start, ask yourself the following questions:
- What supplies will you need(hangers-garment bags-hooks-boxes-cedar)?
- Where will you store out of season clothes?
- When will you start?
Getting Started (you may want to turn on some music and turn on the answering machine).
- Remove everything from the closet
- Clean closet thoroughly
- Begin sorting items and label boxes
- Does not belong in closet
- Out-of season
- If you use a closet extender place blouses & jackets on the top skirts on the bottom.
- To prevent wrinkles use skirt hangers for pants.
- Place dresses on the side of the closet extender or rod/bar.
Now that you closet is organized you will be able to find clothes faster and coordinate outfits like never before. Remember to schedule time at least twice a year to go through your closet using some of the steps above to keep it organized.
Totally Organized is a professional organizing firm founded by Janet Taylor, Professional Organizer and Personal/Professional Coach. Totally Organized provides organizing, one-on-one coaching, seminars and products all devoted to help you organize your life.
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- How we saved $34k in interest on our mortgage before closing
- Buying an insurance-friendly car
- Tips for painting a basement floor Readers' Solutions
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?