Steps To An Organized Closet
by Janet Taylor
Declutter Your Wardrobe
A Closet Full of Wearable Clothes
Before you start, ask yourself the following questions:
- What supplies will you need(hangers-garment bags-hooks-boxes-cedar)?
- Where will you store out of season clothes?
- When will you start?
Getting Started (you may want to turn on some music and turn on the answering machine).
- Remove everything from the closet
- Clean closet thoroughly
- Begin sorting items and label boxes
- Does not belong in closet
- Out-of season
- If you use a closet extender place blouses & jackets on the top skirts on the bottom.
- To prevent wrinkles use skirt hangers for pants.
- Place dresses on the side of the closet extender or rod/bar.
Now that you closet is organized you will be able to find clothes faster and coordinate outfits like never before. Remember to schedule time at least twice a year to go through your closet using some of the steps above to keep it organized.
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
Totally Organized is a professional organizing firm founded by Janet Taylor, Professional Organizer and Personal/Professional Coach. Totally Organized provides organizing, one-on-one coaching, seminars and products all devoted to help you organize your life.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?