Steps To An Organized Closet
by Janet Taylor
Declutter Your Wardrobe
A Closet Full of Wearable Clothes
Before you start, ask yourself the following questions:
- What supplies will you need(hangers-garment bags-hooks-boxes-cedar)?
- Where will you store out of season clothes?
- When will you start?
Getting Started (you may want to turn on some music and turn on the answering machine).
- Remove everything from the closet
- Clean closet thoroughly
- Begin sorting items and label boxes
- Does not belong in closet
- Out-of season
- If you use a closet extender place blouses & jackets on the top skirts on the bottom.
- To prevent wrinkles use skirt hangers for pants.
- Place dresses on the side of the closet extender or rod/bar.
Now that you closet is organized you will be able to find clothes faster and coordinate outfits like never before. Remember to schedule time at least twice a year to go through your closet using some of the steps above to keep it organized.
Totally Organized is a professional organizing firm founded by Janet Taylor, Professional Organizer and Personal/Professional Coach. Totally Organized provides organizing, one-on-one coaching, seminars and products all devoted to help you organize your life.
Also in Home
- Tax consequences for selling your home in your 50's and 60's
- Should you refinance your home?
- How to repair ripped window and door screens
- What makes my electric bill so high?
- Homemade cleaner for jetted tubs, shower heads & sprayers
- How to remove urine stains from a hardwood floor
- Finding furniture for smaller spaces
- 10 ways to save money on your utility bill
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?