Steps To An Organized Closet
by Janet Taylor
Declutter Your Wardrobe
A Closet Full of Wearable Clothes
Before you start, ask yourself the following questions:
- What supplies will you need(hangers-garment bags-hooks-boxes-cedar)?
- Where will you store out of season clothes?
- When will you start?
Getting Started (you may want to turn on some music and turn on the answering machine).
- Remove everything from the closet
- Clean closet thoroughly
- Begin sorting items and label boxes
- Does not belong in closet
- Out-of season
- If you use a closet extender place blouses & jackets on the top skirts on the bottom.
- To prevent wrinkles use skirt hangers for pants.
- Place dresses on the side of the closet extender or rod/bar.
Now that you closet is organized you will be able to find clothes faster and coordinate outfits like never before. Remember to schedule time at least twice a year to go through your closet using some of the steps above to keep it organized.
Totally Organized is a professional organizing firm founded by Janet Taylor, Professional Organizer and Personal/Professional Coach. Totally Organized provides organizing, one-on-one coaching, seminars and products all devoted to help you organize your life.
FREE monthly electronic newsletter. Totally Organized,P.O. Box 54091, Philadelphia, PA 19105-4091, (888) 321-8263. email- TOrganized@aol.com.
Also In This Week's Issue
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- How to regain storage space and cut the clutter
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Free fireplace logs
- 8 kitchen remodeling projects for under $500
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 hazards your home insurance won't cover
- How to save on mortgage as rates rise
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free money-saving articles in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Surviving Tough Times.