Winterizing Your Car
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
A Winter Emergency Kit
Homemade Window De-Icer
How to Buy Snow Tires
What are the most important things you should do to get your car winterized?
Well this is a very good question. Plain and simple here it goes
- Make sure your battery is good and strong. It takes a lot more power to start your car when it is really cold outside.
- Make sure your tires are good. Without traction, you might lose control and we don't want that.
- Make sure that your coolant system is operational. Even though it's called coolant, it also keeps your car warm. You can't imagine how many cars overheat in the winter because of this problem.
- Make sure that your fuel system is clean. Have some "dry gas" in the gas tank. This will help displace the water so it does not freeze.
- And finally, just like any other time of the year, make sure your car is properly tuned up.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Don't let a reverse mortgage leave you homeless Expert Interview
- How to create an outdoor room on a budget
- Cheap home security Slideshow
- Renew your kitchen cabinets for $100
- Buying a kitchen stove
- Killing crabgrass
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- Tha basics of financing a home improvement project
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?