Winterizing Your Car
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
A Winter Emergency Kit
Homemade Window De-Icer
How to Buy Snow Tires
What are the most important things you should do to get your car winterized?
Well this is a very good question. Plain and simple here it goes
- Make sure your battery is good and strong. It takes a lot more power to start your car when it is really cold outside.
- Make sure your tires are good. Without traction, you might lose control and we don't want that.
- Make sure that your coolant system is operational. Even though it's called coolant, it also keeps your car warm. You can't imagine how many cars overheat in the winter because of this problem.
- Make sure that your fuel system is clean. Have some "dry gas" in the gas tank. This will help displace the water so it does not freeze.
- And finally, just like any other time of the year, make sure your car is properly tuned up.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 15 mistakes to avoid when selling your home
- 9 ways to buy furniture for less
- Need a bigger home? How to maximize the space you already have
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?