Save That Scrap Paper
by Marybeth Henry
10 Uses for Junk Mail
Do you ever print out something only to realize you meant to double-side print it? Or there's a glaring mistake in the middle? Or, oops, the printer was set for 5 copies and you only needed one? Don't toss that scrap paper. There are lots of uses for it. Here are just a couple:
- Packing material. Like newspaper, scrap paper (especially if you have a shredder!) makes great packing material for anything you might send in the mail
- Drawing paper for the kids. I keep a large supply of scrap paper with my daughter's paint set. She doesn't care what's on the back of her paintings. As long as she's allowed to paint, she's happy!
- Notepaper. Cut the scrap paper into quarters and use it for grocery lists, phone messages or notes to yourself.
- Draft paper. If you're printing something out in draft form that you want to look over before you print a final, you can use the scrap paper to do it. (I also use the scrap paper when I'm printing recipes off my e-mail and don't want to use an entire sheet of new paper for it)
Just a few ideas. So the next time you make a printing error, instead of filing it in the circular file, find another use for it!
If you're a mom, you're ALWAYS concerned about budgeting! Join The Frugal Mom each week for tips on great ways to save on everything from child-proofing to dinners. To subscribe send a blank email message to email@example.com These tips are brought toby The Family Corner www.thefamilycorner.com and The Back Yard Fence. Please join us!
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 8 ways homebuyers annoy sellers
- Protect yourself from buying a lemon of a home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?