Save That Scrap Paper
by Marybeth Henry
10 Uses for Junk Mail
Do you ever print out something only to realize you meant to double-side print it? Or there's a glaring mistake in the middle? Or, oops, the printer was set for 5 copies and you only needed one? Don't toss that scrap paper. There are lots of uses for it. Here are just a couple:
- Packing material. Like newspaper, scrap paper (especially if you have a shredder!) makes great packing material for anything you might send in the mail
- Drawing paper for the kids. I keep a large supply of scrap paper with my daughter's paint set. She doesn't care what's on the back of her paintings. As long as she's allowed to paint, she's happy!
- Notepaper. Cut the scrap paper into quarters and use it for grocery lists, phone messages or notes to yourself.
- Draft paper. If you're printing something out in draft form that you want to look over before you print a final, you can use the scrap paper to do it. (I also use the scrap paper when I'm printing recipes off my e-mail and don't want to use an entire sheet of new paper for it)
Just a few ideas. So the next time you make a printing error, instead of filing it in the circular file, find another use for it!
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
If you're a mom, you're ALWAYS concerned about budgeting! Join The Frugal Mom each week for tips on great ways to save on everything from child-proofing to dinners. To subscribe send a blank email message to email@example.com These tips are brought toby The Family Corner www.thefamilycorner.com and The Back Yard Fence. Please join us!
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?