How To Protect Your Family In The Event Of A Disaster
by Doug King
What kind of insurance do we all need and yet only 1%-2% of Americans have? Give up? ...It's emergency preparedness supplies.
Do you have enough mobile life-sustaining supplies to carry you three to five days when a disaster occurs? Can you tell me when the next flood, winter storm, earthquake, tornado or other disaster will happen? We don't really know, do we.
Here is a basic list of supplies:
[ ] Emergency Disaster Guidebook
[ ] Knapsack, Waterproof
[ ] Knife Pocket-Tool
[ ] First Aid Book
[ ] Cash
[ ] Shelter - Scout Tent
[ ] Sanitation
[ ] Water Purification Pills
[ ] Mylar Rescue Blanket
[ ] Fire Starter
[ ] Papers, license, insurance
[ ] Food - lightweight
[ ] First Aid Kit
[ ] Heat
[ ] Gloves
[ ] Light
[ ] Prescriptions, eyeglasses, etc.
[ ] Communications: Solar - hand crank radio
[ ] Water placed next to your kit
Doug King email@example.com is an emergency preparedness writer/consultant and the author of The Emergency-Disaster Survival Guidebook.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- Is your family normal? See how other households spend their money
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Where to find the best deals in February
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- When your teen is ready for their first car
- Save over $2000 in baby's first year
- Get rid of lice for good!
- Ways to avoid the high cost of a divorce
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator