How To Protect Your Family In The Event Of A Disaster
by Doug King
What kind of insurance do we all need and yet only 1%-2% of Americans have? Give up? ...It's emergency preparedness supplies.
Do you have enough mobile life-sustaining supplies to carry you three to five days when a disaster occurs? Can you tell me when the next flood, winter storm, earthquake, tornado or other disaster will happen? We don't really know, do we.
Here is a basic list of supplies:
[ ] Emergency Disaster Guidebook
[ ] Knapsack, Waterproof
[ ] Knife Pocket-Tool
[ ] First Aid Book
[ ] Cash
[ ] Shelter - Scout Tent
[ ] Sanitation
[ ] Water Purification Pills
[ ] Mylar Rescue Blanket
[ ] Fire Starter
[ ] Papers, license, insurance
[ ] Food - lightweight
[ ] First Aid Kit
[ ] Heat
[ ] Gloves
[ ] Light
[ ] Prescriptions, eyeglasses, etc.
[ ] Communications: Solar - hand crank radio
[ ] Water placed next to your kit
Doug King email@example.com is an emergency preparedness writer/consultant and the author of The Emergency-Disaster Survival Guidebook.
Trending on TDS
- Kids activities for Thanksgiving gatherings
- 5 ways to reduce the cost of kids' clothing
- A puppy for Christmas
- Extra income for single moms
- Instead of toys for Christmas
- 10 steps to zap holiday stress
- Gift ideas for teenage boys
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 6 ways to get free movies and discounts
- November deals at the supermarket and beyond
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- How to start writing your will
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator